Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Update to: Symptoms of a ruptured ovarian cyst

I posted this https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/69603630.aspx on Friday.

I went for my scan yesterday since this was a Clomid cycle. Come to find out, I didn't have a ruptured cyst, but I did have 4 follicles that ruptured on that same ovary that was hurting so bad Friday. According to my BBT and the scan, I ovulated on Thursday, which makes sense as to why I was hurting so bad Thursday night and Friday. Apparantly one of the follies had a little bleed when it ruptured. This is why I was in so much pain. My right ovary only had 1 large follie. So, I had a total of 5 "potentials!" Even though I am relived that it wasn't a cyst as I suspected, it scares the dickens out of me that I have the "potential" to have 5 babies! (Higly unlikely, but scary none the less!)

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since March 2010

DH - SA = Low Morphology. Great overall count.

August 2012: HSG - All Clear

September 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 w/ Repronex & HCG Injections = BFN

October 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 = BFN

September 2013: New Doctor: 50 mg Clomid CD 5-9 & IUI #1 = BFN

October 2013: 50 mg Clomid CD 3-7 & IUI #2 = BFN 

November 2013 to ??? = On a mental break for now.

Re: Update to: Symptoms of a ruptured ovarian cyst

• Options
    Wow! That possibility would freak me out, too. That's great news, though, that you don't have a cyst!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad it wasn't a cyst! 5 potential babies is crazy! GL!
    Married since June 2008

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
    TTC Post Chemotherapy
    Unexplained Infertility

DH- SA Normal, Lap on 8/8/13
    BFP! 11/7/13 EDD 07/15/14 changed to 07/23/14 after first u/s

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Awesome that you don't have a cyst! However, the potential for 5 babies would freak me out! I don't know much about Clomid or anything so I am of no help here... just wanted to say I am glad you didnt have to deal with the cyst!

Been Married Since 9.23.11 to the Love of My Life! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageSweetC80:

imageSlapptastic:
    Aren't they supposed to monitor follie growth so they can know whether or not to cancel your cycle?

This. It is not safe or responsible to continue a cycle w/ 5 "potentials". Did you have any monitoring prior to this? This is why unmonitored Clomid cycles are a big no no.

That's how Kate Gosselin ended up with so many babies, right? She ignored doctor's wishes and had sex anyway?

Kate Gosselin is so crazy. She is a nurse. She should have known better. 

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I am so bewildered by this post. Did you not have ANY monitoring or ultrasounds? This situation is 100% why you DO NOT TAKE CLOMID WITHOUT MONITORING.

Your physician is irresponsible and you should run, not walk, away from him/her.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    OP you have been around long enough to know better...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sounds like what's done is done, so I don't see any point in fussing. I hope all goes well for you OP :)
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options

imageScarletOflaherty:
    It sounds like what's done is done, so I don't see any point in fussing. I hope all goes well for you OP :)

But the point is that it never should have been done. 

TTC #1 since 10/2012.

• Options
    imageCLECyclist:

imageScarletOflaherty:

Sorry, but that's kind of a dumb thing to say in this situation.

Why is that? Is there a quota of bitching someone out that needs to be met per post?  You guys are handling that just fine, I don't think I need to add my 2 cents in on her mistake. say what you will, I don't feel the need to fuss at her for this, the barn door is shut so to speak. I just hope everything works out for her and she doesn't wind up with a dangerous pregnancy. 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options
    imagepantherRN:

Agreed, and everyone has let her know that. I don't think a whole thread of people telling her how wrong it is is going to change the past so I don't feel the need to fuss about it.  

• Options
    imageScarletOflaherty:
    imagepantherRN:

Agreed, and everyone has let her know that. I don't think a whole thread of people telling her how wrong it is is going to change the past so I don't feel the need to fuss about it.  

Then why make a comment at all?

• Options
    imageScarletOflaherty:
    imagepantherRN:

You're right. However, judging by the sheer number of posts that are made about Clomid, there are a lot of women that are taking it or thinking about it. 

We can't undo what the OP did, but it can be prevented from happening to someone else. 

Edit for grammar. 

TTC #1 since 10/2012.

• Options
    imageSlapptastic:
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageSlapptastic:

Yes.  They canceled her cycle because they were monitoring her and she had several mature follies.  They were told not to have sex.  They did anyway.  Eggs got fertilized, and some of them split, so they ended up with more babies than eggs that she actually O'd off of that cycle.

Doesn't it seem highly irresponsible to continue a cycle with so many follies, or am I off base here?

It is.  I want to say that she only had something like 3 follies and all three were fertilized and split, but I could be wrong.

According to her book, the sextuplets came from a monitored inject+IUI cycle where they only saw 3-4 follicles. Some reports have come out that there wasn't actually an IUI, but I can't find that source.   From what I understand about multiples- Kate had to of had 6 follicles because the sextuplets aren't identical so none of them were a result of an embryo that split.

Either way,  This is a prime example of why unmonitored Clomid is bad news bears. I really hope this one some fluke scenario and OP hasn't done the Clomid AND inject cycles from her siggy unmonitored. 

That's interesting!  I had a feeling that I had it wrong because I was repeating 'hearsay'. Thank you for the info Shay!!  :) 

It's good to see you around here!!

Who knows what is actually true with celebs nowadays Wink

Thanks! I'm trying to add some value here and there, there are so many threads started daily here now.  

imagepantherRN:

Thank you! I get the point! No need to make me feel like I did something wrong. I AM being monitored as a matter of fact. Last cycle when I did the injectibles, I went in for multiple scans. This cycle we (my DH and I) decided to do only the Clomid. From my previous reaction, it was not expected that I would have so many follicles produced. I KNOW that ANYTHING is possible so please don't flame me for that too! At this point I am 6 DPO so what's done is done. I agree that it is very irresponsible of my doctor and trust me, now that it has been brought to my attention just how dangerous it really could be, I will be speaking with my doctor. Due to other concerns, I have already considered switching doctors as well.

Thank you all for your concern and words of wisdom!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since March 2010

DH - SA = Low Morphology. Great overall count.

August 2012: HSG - All Clear

September 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 w/ Repronex & HCG Injections = BFN

October 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 = BFN

September 2013: New Doctor: 50 mg Clomid CD 5-9 & IUI #1 = BFN

October 2013: 50 mg Clomid CD 3-7 & IUI #2 = BFN 

November 2013 to ??? = On a mental break for now.

• Options
    imagebbg676:
    imageVonbabe:
    imageScarletOflaherty:
    imagepantherRN:

Thank you! I get the point! No need to make me feel like I did something wrong. I AM being monitored as a matter of fact. Last cycle when I did the injectibles, I went in for multiple scans. This cycle we (my DH and I) decided to do only the Clomid. From my previous reaction, it was not expected that I would have so many follicles produced. I KNOW that ANYTHING is possible so please don't flame me for that too! At this point I am 6 DPO so what's done is done. I agree that it is very irresponsible of my doctor and trust me, now that it has been brought to my attention just how dangerous it really could be, I will be speaking with my doctor. Due to other concerns, I have already considered switching doctors as well.

But you did do something wrong.  You assumed that your previous reaction to Clomid would be the same the next time.  You aren't new to monitoring.  You know that Clomid can thin your lining, create high-order multiples, and form VERY large cysts.  And yet, you continued on an unmonitored (no mid-cycle u/s) Clomid cycle.

You, as a patient, need to advocate for your own health.  This is the perfect example why - had you insisted on a mid-cycle u/s (like you should have), you would have known that you had many multiple mature follicles and would have cancelled the cycle.

This. You should have known better than to have an unmonitored cycle. And, none of the Gosselin kids are identical. They were all each seperate follicles.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options
    imageShayliz:
    imageSlapptastic:
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageSlapptastic:

Yes.  They canceled her cycle because they were monitoring her and she had several mature follies.  They were told not to have sex.  They did anyway.  Eggs got fertilized, and some of them split, so they ended up with more babies than eggs that she actually O'd off of that cycle.

Doesn't it seem highly irresponsible to continue a cycle with so many follies, or am I off base here?

It is.  I want to say that she only had something like 3 follies and all three were fertilized and split, but I could be wrong.

According to her book, the sextuplets came from a monitored inject+IUI cycle where they only saw 3-4 follicles. Some reports have come out that there wasn't actually an IUI, but I can't find that source.   From what I understand about multiples- Kate had to of had 6 follicles because the sextuplets aren't identical so none of them were a result of an embryo that split.

Either way,  This is a prime example of why unmonitored Clomid is bad news bears. I really hope this one some fluke scenario and OP hasn't done the Clomid AND inject cycles from her siggy unmonitored. 

Yup and from what I either read or saw on TV, she actually started out with seven embryos but one didn't make it. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    imageVonbabe:
    imageScarletOflaherty:
    imagepantherRN:

I know nothing about clomid except that, thanks to these threads, I will proceed with caution and ask lots of Qs if my doc or RE prescribes it. Just wanted to say GL to the OP. hope you come out of this with a healthy, safe pregnancy.

• Options
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageRDK24:

I know nothing about clomid except that, thanks to these threads, I will proceed with caution and ask lots of Qs if my doc or RE prescribes it. Just wanted to say GL to the OP. hope you come out of this with a healthy, safe pregnancy.

FWIW I hope you don't have to :) Good luck! (this next part below isn't for you, RDK)

See, naysayers? Someone learned something. Do let us know what our bitchiness quota is for next month though, will you?

Thank you, CLE!  Good luck to you, too. I miss your blog posts, you're a good writer.

• Options
    imageRDK24:
    imageVonbabe:
    imageScarletOflaherty:
    imagepantherRN:

It's not bolding properly.. but ditto PP... I hope you come out with a healthy and safe pregnancy. Keep us posted. GL! 

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Glad it wasnt a cyct....but WOW about the possible 5 babies.  That would scare me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"