High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

So here I go again (Intro)

Hi Ladies,

Let me introduce myself.  I'm rlajambe.

Last May, I lost my baby girl at 21 weeks gestation after being diagnosed with an incompotent cervix.  They found it during my A/S scan, but I was not a good candidate for cerclage as I was dilated too much.

I am pg again (BFP this morning).  I will be having a preventative cerclage at 12-13 weeks.  Due to my IC, I am automatically high risk, but I am optimistic.

I look forward to get to know you all.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: So here I go again (Intro)

• Options
    I too had the same situation last year, except that I was able to get an emergency cerclage but I still ended up losing my daughter. Now I am 35 weeks pregnant with a boy! I had the preventative cerclage placed at 12 weeks along with bed rest and progesterone injections, and things went well. I wish you the best and please remain optimistic!!
  • Options
    Thanks.  It's encouraging to see IC success stories.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
    BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
    BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
    BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
    Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am an IC success in the making :) 29 weeks now with preventative cerclage placed at 13 weeks and weekly 17 p shots starting at 16 weeks. My cervix still looks great! Totally planning to deliver on my scheduled c date of dec 26th. Good luck to you. Lots of strong cervix vibes being sent your way!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome. I am very sorry for your loss. Like you I am optimistic this time around that I will be able to get this baby closer to term. I am getting a cerclage on Nov.14 and had asked these ladies for information and experiences about a week ago. The post is a little bit down the way. A lot of them gave great information, so check it out if you want.
  • Options
    Congrats on your BFP! I had the same loss earlier this year at 22 weeks. I'm getting my cerclage next week. I wish you all the best!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm truly sorry for your loss. I lost my son last year at 22w4d and I know that pain all too well.

This pg I had an emergent cerclage placed at 22w5d; nearly lost this baby too but thankfully cerclage is holding strong and I'm now 32w5d.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am glad you are here!  We just found out we are pregnant again (8 weeks) with our 4th pregnancy.

1st - all good

2nd - m/c 5.5 mos due to IC/down syndrome

3rd - cerclage at 14 weeks, he is currently sleeping in spiderman costume

4th - will have cerclage again

It's terrifying isn't it?  It's totally stupid to say I guess but even knowing about my condition helped me so much carrying 3.  You realize how very fragile the whole process is, but also how effin badass our mommy bodies are.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"