Two Under 2

Toy Rec for New Big Sister?

My good friend just had a baby, and I'm excited to go meet the new addition.  She already has a 2.5 year old little girl.  Her daughter has understandably been acting out, but this is just in addition to her usual wild behavior.  I know that the family is having a hard time adjusting.

I'd like to find a great toy for the big sister to focus on, and maybe take some heat off her parents.  Preferably one with no sound. 

Can you think of any toys that stood out as a lifesaver when you had your new LO?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toy Rec for New Big Sister?

• I wonder if she'd like those Crayola markers that only color on that special paper? It'd be something for her to keep busy with but mom and dad wouldn't have to worry about scribbles on the wall when they turn their back...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • My DD is really into pretend play right now (she is just over 2.5y).  She loves baby dolls and her favorite is at daycare.  It is the Baby Alive All Gone Doll.

https://www.hasbro.com/babyalive/en_US/shop/details.cfm?R=33C803E4-5056-900B-1004-2EA487722013:en_US

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • We got our daughter a band in a box as a big sister gift. Not exactly quiet but she will play with it for a long time by herself. (We actually only gave her one instrument at a time, as needed).

Anything arts/crafts - reusable stickers are especially fun. An indoor tent so she can have her own "big girl" space to keep her own things. 

• The fisher-price medical kit.  My DD still plays with it daily, even though she has had it for 6 months now. 
  • i was thinking a new baby doll so she can take care of her baby like her mom is doing to the new baby
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lexy got a new baby with a bottle and binky. I think this time I'm going to get them each another baby and a doll sling since I'll be wearing this one just like I did with the last. The bottle never got used for Lexy since she was too busy imitating me nursing ;)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"