November 2012 Moms

Halloween ghost stories

Just wondering if any of you ladies have any spooky ghost stories to share since its officially Halloween. 

Re: Halloween ghost stories

• i looooove ghost stories! but i have none ):
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Anyone remember The Green Ribbon story from like elementary school? I used to think that was the scariest thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I watched a show called 'Real Fear: The Truth Behind the Movies' the other day and it was great. They interviewed the real people that movies like Amityville Horror, Poltergeist, Mothman Prophecies, and Silent Hill were based on. Very interesting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are going to think I am nuts, but I don't care. I am one of the most level headed people I know. Also, I am not the only one this happened to and I didn't find that out until after the fact.

I lived with a guy years ago and while he was away on business he gave me his credit card so I could remodel the living room. That in itself is scary :) It took me about a week and a half to do everything. During that time, I had my third encounter with a ghost. I am actually a very intuitive person, and I tend to creep people out by just knowing things.

Anywho, the entire time I I was remodeling I kept hearing things, seeing things, my arm got yanked from behind when I grabbed a paint brush to resume painting, my TV kept shutting off, I got super dizzy and fell off a step stool, etc. The night before he got home, I was outside smoking and I looked through the window, down the hall, and saw a black cloud go into our bedroom. I immediately called him and was like WTF?!?!. (I waited to call before b/c he was in France). He proceeds to tell me that a woman named Phyllis once owned the house but ended up dying. The room we were in used to be hers, and his ex wife had the same experiences when she re-did their kitchen years ago. After that I became morbidly curious and a lot less freaked out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When DH and I first started dating, I used to drive up and stay with him on weekends at his moms house over the summer (I was staying at the University for the summer but he went home). He told me before that a ghost lived in his house and it liked to come up the stairs and go into his bedroom and look out the window. I seriously thought he was just trying to scare me because I had stayed there for quite a few weekends and never heard/seen anything. One night he got up and walked downstairs to use the bathroom. I fell back to sleep, but woke up when I heard him come up the stairs. I heard every footstep up every step, and I moved over to make sure I wasnt over on his side. I heard the foot steps go over to my side of the bed and just stop. My eyes were closed so I assumed it was DH just looking for something. I was starting to wonder what he was doing because he hadnt moved for a few seconds, when suddenly I heard someone come up the stairs!! Indifferent I was seriously getting freaked out. He then came in and crawled into bed. The first person I heard was THE GHOST! I latched onto DH so fast and was shaking and he was like, "What's wrong?" I told him what happened and he was like, "I TOLD YOU!" DH was never allowed to leave me alone in that room ever again. I still get chills thinking about it!!!!

• I love hearing about things like this. My internets been down all day so I haven't been able to read these. DH is a fire inspector. He was inspecting an old church and heard very quiet piano music. Having to go through every room, he noticed the piano they did have was covered by a cloth. When he asked about the music before he left thinking it must have been over a speaker, the pastor gave him an uncomfortable look and explained that there was no music playing and their piano had been out of order for a while. Creepy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"