October 2011 Moms

recommend your walker

So we had one of those walkers that you take the seat off and it turns into a walker that the baby walks behind.  C hates it.  He does, however, love walking behind his cozy coupe around the house.  It's so large that it gets stuck (often) on furniture, and leads to him screaming at me.  Does anyone have a good recommendation for a walker that I can buy him and have him stop screaming at me?

Oh, we have wood floors.  I know that walkers aren't really meant for that, but what choice do I have?  Maybe that's why he likes his cozy coupe, it goes slow.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: recommend your walker

• We have the Vtech Sit'to'Stand. It was recommended to me by my friend. The wheels have levels for rolling. We have all hardwood....absolutely no rugs or carpet in our house . We started the wheels on level one which started them rolling slow, until she was steady and then we switched to level two. It has never tipped over ....except when she purposely pushes it against one of her toys until it tips forward and she falls on top if it, but she thinks its funny and does it over and over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • We have the VTech farm one at my ILs and I know a few others have it as well. It seems pretty popular. The animals are cute and she loves pretending to talk on the phone.
  • Loading the player...
  • How about a shopping cart that he can use later on too?

Otherwise we have these two and Violet likes both

imageimage

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • We have a little tikes push and ride racer that LBB uses as a walker.  He's too short to ride on it, so he just walks behind it pushing and puts his toys/balloons/pumpkins on the seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g7060HbjGjE

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepennysuedog:

How about a shopping cart that he can use later on too?

Otherwise we have these two and Violet likes both

imageimage

Caroline used the toy above on the right and her learning table as walkers. 

• What about a lawn mower?

DS does the same thing with his cozy coupe and he loves pushing the lawn mower bc he can actually pull it out whenever it gets stuck.

We have the little tikes gas n go mower and no complaints! He is obsessed!

• Wow, thanks so much for all of the options!  I'll be doing some research.  Wish there was a place where you could go and try all of these out.  I hadn't thought of a shopping cart or a lawn mower.  How fun! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We got an older used version of this.  It's got an activity centre on the front and can be used as a walker or as a ride-on toy.  Lily mostly plays with all the noisy bits but she does like pushing it and walking, too.  She's figured out how to turn it, but it took a while (she used to just walk it in a straight line until she got stuck, then sit down and start playing with the toys on it).  We haven't tried it as a ride-on yet, because when we tried a ride-on toy at a friend's house she was too little and kept falling off.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Gator just got the shopping cart for her birthday and the handle is eye level...so she never pushes it around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • We have the stroller too and she loves it. The lawn mower tips over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"