October 2012 Moms

pumping check in.

Sorry if I am taking this from someone, but I am super excited.  I just pumped for the 1st time this morning.  I think it went well.  I pumped for 7 minutes and got 2 oz.  

Who is pumping?  

How often?

How long? 

How much do you usually get? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: pumping check in.

• Who is pumping?  Me

How often? Once a day, after the "first morning feed"

How long? 15 minutes

How much do you usually get? Only done it twice so far, but the first time I got 2 oz. Today I got 1.5 oz.  Hoping that increases a little with time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Who is pumping?  Me!

How often? Twice a day, once after 7ish am feed, once before bed

How long? 5 mins 

How much do you usually get? now that its routine, typically about 2 oz per side, but it does vary...anywhere from 1.5-3 oz on each side

Excited for baby #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kara Olivia, born 9/17/2012 at 37 weeks. 6 lbs 7 oz, 18 inches long

• Loading the player...
  • imagesammijo1283:
    Sorry if I am taking this from someone, but I am super excited. nbsp;I just pumped for the 1st time this morning. nbsp;I think it went well. nbsp;I pumped for 7 minutes and got 2 oz. nbsp;Who is pumping? nbsp;How often? How long?nbsp;How much do you usually get?nbsp;

I pump as much as I can after at least 3 or 4 feeds and usually get half an oz to an oz max from each side. I have a really low supply so the LC is hoping this will help, and a few other things!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I pump several times during the day--first in the morning, then about 3 more times throughout the day, like if she doesn't feed for a full 20 minutes I'll pump that boob to empty it, then I'll pump the other side while I'm at it for about 5 minutes (or more if I feel esp full on that side)  In the morning I get 3-4 oz, then about 1 oz with all the other pumpings.  I go back to work soon so I want to build a stash.  It's getting old having to pump though, but I want to keep my supply up!
  • I pump 2x a day when I wake up, and before bed. Usually average a total of about 1012 ounces between both pumpings.

I think I may be dealing with an over supply issue. Sore boobs to the extreme.
  • Who is pumping?  Me!

How often?Approx. 5x a day

How long? 10-15 min per breast

How much do you usually get? 3-5 oz per breast pretty consistently
  • imagesammijo1283:

Who is pumping?  me

How often? 1-2 times a day

How long? Up to 10 minutes, just depends how quickly I fill the bottles.  

How much do you usually get? 5oz combined.  I usually pump to get rid of engorgement.

• Who is pumping?  me

How often? try every 3 hrs during the day 

How long? 15-30 min depending

How much do you usually get? 5oz combined and decreases to 2oz before bed.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies boots badge
  • I will input my own experience in case anyone is getting nervous.

I pump sporadically, but I am trying to do it once a day for 15 minutes. I get anywhere from .5 ounces - 2.5 ounces total. Normally right around 1.5.

I found this on kellymom. If you are exclusively breastfeeding, try not to worry if you aren't pumping crazy amounts. Although I struggle with that myself whenever this topic comes up. 

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/pumping_decrease/

Excerpt: It is typical for a mother who is nursing full-time to be able to pump around 1/2 to 2 ounces total (for both breasts) per pumping session. Moms who pump more milk per session may have an oversupply of milk, or may respond better than average to the pump, or may have been able to increase pump output with practice. Many moms think that they should be able to pump 4-8 ounces per pumping session, but even 4 ounces is a rather large pumping output for a mom who is breastfeeding full-time.

Not hating on those who produce a lot, but just wanted to make some of the others feel better. 

DD 9/15/12
  • I've just pumped sporadically about once a day to give a bottle at night or freeze. It's only been twice so far, but I get about 56 oz in the right and 45 on the left after 10 minutes or so and after he has eaten about an hour later
  • I am pumping this time again even though I said no way I would do it again:(

every 3-4 hours

15 minutes

about 5 oz (3 from left and 2 from right)

I EP'd DS for 6 months so that may be why my supply is higher at this point 

• imageIAM3Bs:
    I pump 2x a day when I wake up, and before bed. Usually average a total of about 1012 ounces between both pumpings. I think I may be dealing with an over supply issue. Sore boobs to the extreme.

This is exactly me. I had an oversupply with DD in the begining too and wasnt hardly pumping and lost a lot of my supply when I went back to work.

• imageStarry Again:

I will input my own experience in case anyone is getting nervous.

I pump sporadically, but I am trying to do it once a day for 15 minutes. I get anywhere from .5 ounces - 2.5 ounces total. Normally right around 1.5.

I found this on kellymom. If you are exclusively breastfeeding, try not to worry if you aren't pumping crazy amounts. Although I struggle with that myself whenever this topic comes up. 

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/pumping_decrease/

Excerpt: It is typical for a mother who is nursing full-time to be able to pump around 1/2 to 2 ounces total (for both breasts) per pumping session. Moms who pump more milk per session may have an oversupply of milk, or may respond better than average to the pump, or may have been able to increase pump output with practice. Many moms think that they should be able to pump 4-8 ounces per pumping session, but even 4 ounces is a rather large pumping output for a mom who is breastfeeding full-time.

Not hating on those who produce a lot, but just wanted to make some of the others feel better. 

Thanks so much Starry!  I wasn't sure what was normal, but I was proud of myself this morning.  BF is the only thing I ever feel like I am stupid about.  I am just not sure what is normal/right. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just started today...I pumped for about ten minutes after what I guess I'll call his "first morning feed" (even though that was at noon because he kept me up all night).  I got just under an ounce.  I'm debating pumping again tonight, but I don't want to get overzealous and create an oversupply, since I can see how pumping can be a cumbersome task for someone EBF at the moment.  Plus, pumping is weird, and I felt like a dairy cow.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I have trouble juggling pumping when solo during the day and because we started bottles right away it's been hard to switch to exclusively breastfeeding. More a mental hinderance. I have almost gone through my stash from when we were supplementing and am working on increasing supply.

I pump every 2-4 hours depends on how our day is going. Overnight I go 6 hours. I pump for 30 minutes when i can and coud still get more milk if I went longer. Haven't figured out how to make a breast dry yet. Morning I will get more, but most sessions pull 2 oz from my right and 4 oz from my left. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"