December 2012 Moms
Options

Okay, baby clothes question...

So I got a bunch of baby clothes and blankets from my baby shower. My question is, do I need to wash everything before the baby gets here? My Mom says yes but I just dont know. What do you all think? Thank you in advance!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC#1 7/1/11 BFP:9/23/11 Chem preg: 9/26/11 BFP:4/9/12 My little sunshine was born 12/19/12

Re: Okay, baby clothes question...

• Options

I washed everything before he arrived (or before he wore it).  And I'll wash all of the (clean, but has been stored in the garage for a few months) hand me down clothes before putting them into drawers for his arrival as well.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Do not wash "everything" or you will end up washing things that you can return later. LO will probably grow a lot faster than you can put new outfits on him. Only wash things you will absolutely need (burp cloths, receiving blankets, socks, going home outfit, 1-3 special outfits you want photos of LO in, lots of footie pajamas, and 4-5 onesies and pant sets). You can always wash more if you need it, but you can never "unwash" items that he never wore, kwim? Keep tags on the rest in case you never use them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I washed all newborn and 0-3month clothes and all the blankets. I have to go back to work pretty quickly, so I'll keep things at daycare, in the car and at the house. 

Any bigger clothes I've been given, I have in a large Tupperware box in his closet...they are accessible but out of the way. I also put the shoes I was given in that box, since he won't be needing those for a bit either :) 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I washed/am washing everything - new and used.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I washed all NB3 mo and divided out the rest by size to be washed later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemagnoliablossom00:
    Do not wash "everything" or you will end up washing things that you can return later. LO will probably grow a lot faster than you can put new outfits on him. Only wash things you will absolutely need (burp cloths, receiving blankets, socks, going home outfit, 1-3 special outfits you want photos of LO in, lots of footie pajamas, and 4-5 onesies and pant sets). You can always wash more if you need it, but you can never "unwash" items that he never wore, kwim? Keep tags on the rest in case you never use them!

Totally agree! We are on baby #3 and this is the best advise when it comes to clothes. 

• Options

Most of the clothes I got were used, from my sister, but regardless, I washed everything. Part of it was a fun way for me to see their clothes and put forth effort to be caring for them before they enter the world - plus I'm a planner!

With two babies coming, I'm fearful that I won't have time to be remembering new clothes that I haven't washed and will they fit, etc so I washed everything I'm keeping. There is always "Once Upon a Child" (if you have one near you) where you can take and get credit for lightly used clothes if you don't use them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Everything must be washed, sanitized, and re-washed!!! It should have been done when you were four weeks pregnant, my dear!!!

OH MY!

• Options
    I washed all the blankets/bedding (obviously) and clothes in NB or 0-3 months. I skipped the 3-6 month stuff for now.
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageNoeliaV:
    I washed all the blankets/bedding (obviously) and clothes in NB or 0-3 months. I skipped the 3-6 month stuff for now.

I also plan to wash blankets, mittens, socks, NB and 0-3 clothing for now.  As DS grows, I will be better able to guage the next set of clothes to put in rotation.

• Options
    I wouldn't wash past the 0-3 size. A lot of the bigger clothes we were given ended up being the wrong season. Some of it we returned, and some of it we'll use for this baby (since we ended up with two boys). But you may end up wasting a lot if you wash everything now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"