August 2012 Moms

No real costume for DD

I feel like a crappy mom.  I had a friend make her an orange tutu and we have a pumpkin hat, all I needed to get were some leggings and a jack-o-lantern onesie for her to be a pumpkin.  Yeah, i spaced and didn't go until Monday.  By that time the stores were all out of Halloween stuff.  So, she's basically just going as a cute baby girl wearing Halloween colors. Oops.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, I planned DS's costume when it was 80 degrees at night so I didn't add a jacket.  Now it's colder and I need to figure out a coat for his Frankenstein costume (without spending a ton) by tonight.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No real costume for DD

• Can you put a long sleeve onesie or two under his costume and maybe leggings? Even If they are girl leggings at least will keep him warm.
  • I'm going to run and out and see about a long sleeved shirt so he can layer up.  It won't be freezing and we'll be home early so hopefully that'll be enough.  I'll carry a sweatshirt just in case.  I just feel bad that I didn't plan better.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wasn't even able to find a costume to fit Paula! I have a little pumpkin face tshirt that I picked up at a garage sale over the summer, expecting her to be bigger by now, so while it'll be huge on her she's still going to rock it for some pictures!
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • My SIL sent a ton of newborn to 18 months clothing to me a while ago. There's a 3mo pumpkin costume, but its just so... Typical. I put him in it for a few hours, took pictures. When we walk around he will be in a white onesie, buzz lightyear sweatshirt, and white pants. It was a last minute thing, but at least he can wear the sweatshirt later because its 6mo.
  • You're not a crappy mom.

I got DD's strawberry costume from Old Navy.  It's 0-6, and it swims on her really bad, but it works since it's a bunting costume.  If there's still Halloween activities this week (our ToTing isn't until Saturday due to the weather), then maybe something like that could be an option?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"