August 2012 Moms

What would you do? Another RNP post

DS1 slept in the rock n play because of reflux.  It was great, and he transitioned to his crib just before 3 months.  He was a crappy sleeper anyway, so the transition didn't make him sleep any worse, he already woke up a ton.

DS2 was a wonderful sleeper in the rnp for a while, sleeping from about 8pm-5 or 6am and then back to bed after eating.  I decided to transition him to his crib sooner rather than later.  Now he wakes up after 4 hours and I have to put him in his rnp for the rest of his sleep, or else I cannot get him back to sleep. Then he wakes up again one more time.  It's been about 3 weeks now.  I know waking up twice a night is still great at this age (he's 13 weeks), but since I know he's capable of sleeping even longer, I don't know if I should keep pushing the crib to get him used to it, or put him back in the rnp and have him sleep through the night. I just don't want to make the transition even worse if I wait a couple of months.  I should add that he doesn't have reflux, just doesn't like sleeping flat. 

Ugh...if I ever have a third baby I think I'm going to sell the rnp.  it is amazing to help them sleep at first, and then becomes a huge problem later.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What would you do? Another RNP post

• I think I should put it away, you're right.  Just suck it up for a little while.  It's just harder when I know I have to get up with my toddler the next day.  Excuses excuses.  I swore I wouldn't put DS2 in the rnp and then in the middle of the night one night I took it out of the closet and he slept sooo much better. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have this wedge.  Works well in the crib and the PNP.  Completely safe.

You could try that since it would give an incline, but still have your LO in the crib?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"