Pregnant after IF
Options

Placenta Previa

So I had my 20 week a/s this morning. The baby is fine but I ended up having 5 internal ultrasounds and it was finally confirmed after 4 hours that I have full placenta previa. For now I am on no restrictions and we just wait and see if any bleeding occurs and I go back at 29 weeks for another u/s.

Anyone else out there in the same boat? I am sort of freaking out. I have a friend who had it and ended up in the hospital at 30 weeks and had to stay there until she had an emergency c section at 35 weeks.

Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Placenta Previa

• Options
    imageParis05:

So I had my 20 week a/s this morning. The baby is fine but I ended up having 5 internal ultrasounds and it was finally confirmed after 4 hours that I have full placenta previa. For now I am on no restrictions and we just wait and see if any bleeding occurs and I go back at 29 weeks for another u/s.

Anyone else out there in the same boat? I am sort of freaking out. I have a friend who had it and ended up in the hospital at 30 weeks and had to stay there until she had an emergency c section at 35 weeks.

I have partial placenta previa. It was diagnosed last week after I had a horrible bleeding scare while on a business trip in Dallas. So I can tell you I understand the freaking out.

However my Dr and ultra sound tech are both very confident that mine will shift into the normal spot. I'll be honest though - I am not holding my breath though given the way things seem to go.

I know a lot of people who have had it and all of them have had it shift on it's own. That being said, none of them had the bleeding.

I'll cross my fingers for you that you don't bleed and that it shifts. I am on restrictions from my bleeding and just laying super low.

Refresh my memory do you have 1 or 2 in there? Not that I think it makes a difference with this diagnosis.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    kegkeg member
    Yep, been there, got that diagnosis on Monday at my a/s too.  Thankfully, no bleeding yet (well, unless you count the SCH I had from weeks 6-8).  Unfortunately, the MFM thought I might potentially have a placenta accreta too (where the placenta attaches to a previous uterine scar...mine would be from my c-section).  My OB was hesitant to call it a full previa, but even still, I feel like I'm in a holding pattern.  I also have a friend that wound up on hospital bedrest for about the same length of time as your friend so I have the same worries.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it moves up as your uterus expands and that you have no complications.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was diagnosed with a full previa while on our babymoon at 15 weeks due to a bleeding episode where we wound up the ER.  We were told that I was on pelvic rest and to take it easy--no real exercise, but walking was ok.  As we were in Orlando, they said that if we went to any of the parks, I should go in a wheelchair so I wouldn't walk too much.  2 1/2 weeks later, we wound up back in the ER with another bleeding episode.  They said that it wasn't a complete anymore because it was covering only 1 side of the cervix.  We were given the same instructions, but I've become quite the couch potato and when I'm at work, I try to get up from my desk as little as possible.

I had my anatomy scan on Monday and they didn't say if it's moved more or not, but that they want to do another ultrasound to check on it in 4 weeks.  My midwife and the doctors all seem optimistic that it will move up.  If it does, they say I can have a normal vaginal delivery.  If not, they'll keep checking it every 4 weeks.  If it doesn't move, they said that I would have an early c-section scheduled to help prevent going into labor with the previa.

The most important things they keep telling me is the pelvic rest.  Nothing should go up there because it can set off bleeding--no sex, no fingers, not even a pelvic exam at the doctor's.

I've been trying to relax by doing meditations, but I'm pretty nervous all time now.  

imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

So I typed my story out and then erased it becasue I don't want to freak you out! as I am a 28 weeks with a previa now. 

But, most previas to correct themselves as the uterus grows!  Just take it easy, follow dr orders regarding pelvic rest/ heaving lifitng.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was diagnosed with complete central previa at my 20 week a/s. This is the type that is least likely to move, since half of the placenta is on one side of the cervix and half is on the other. I had heard horror stories about pp and was very freaked out. On my doctor's recommendation, we even cancelled our planned babymoon to Hawaii due to the risk of starting to bleed and having to be hospitalized.

I was so worried that I would have a very premature baby, and I spent a lot of time and energy being really upset and scared. However, by 28 weeks, the placenta had moved so that the previa was only marginal, and by 36 weeks, it was completely out of the way. I never had any bleeding, and I had a very easy, full term vaginal delivery.

Even with complete previa, the odds are that it will move. Good luck, and try not to worry too much! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"