Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

We Lost Our Baby At 11.5 Weeks

I've never posted on here before. We found out a week ago that our baby had passed away. We had known that there was a problem when I wasn't producing enough progesterone. I was put on progesterone pills that were supposed to last till the tenth week. I took them till the eleventh week and apparently lost the baby when the pills ran out. The pregnancy was supposed to take over producing progesterone at that point if it was a viable pregnancy. My first pregnancy went so well we were really taken aback at the thought of there being something wrong with either the baby or me. Needless to say, though, I didn't get my hopes up. The last thing I wanted to do was let me guard down and get really excited only to find out we lost the baby. Unfortunately, though, that's what my family did. We had scheduled the D and C for the Friday after we found out. We waited an excruciating week before the procedure was done. All the while I knew my precious baby was still in me but not alive. That was the hardest part. Aside from actually hearing the nurse break the news to us after seeing my baby's body on the screen. I was thinking how it finally looked like a real baby and that it was beautiful and I kept thinking that she wasn't looking for the heartbeat yet, that was why I couldn't see it or hear it. That was one of the roughest moments of my life. I completely lost it and sobbed my heart out, right there in front of the nurse and in my husband's arms. All week I was terrified of the procedure. I hate the idea of the D and C and what they have to do. It makes me skin crawl. I couldn't believe that they were actually going to do it to me and after they did it, everything would be over. My baby would just be gone. My baby would be sucked into some plastic thing. How horrifying. Thank goodness I don't even remember going to sleep. I just remember waking up and feeling this...lightness. I had been so consumed with worry and anxiety about my baby and would it be ok and was it dead today or today or today. Now, it was all over. I didn't have to worry for my baby anymore. The baby just fell asleep and never had to feel pain or heartache. And I felt a certain deep comfort after knowing that it was all over. Anyway, I guess I just needed to say that to someone. This would be too hard for my family to hear. My Husband has been my rock through this and we're so much closer after going through this because we found out how much we mean to each other and how much we need each other. I hope this helps someone who's going through this, someone who might be scared or someone who might feel just like I do.

Re: We Lost Our Baby At 11.5 Weeks

• I am so sorry for your loss. {{HUGS}}

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and your husband during this hard time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss.

There are a lot of ladies here who know exactly how you are feeling.

GL to you.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Siggy warning

So sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Lots of thoughts and prayers.

• I'm so very for your loss.  I'm so sorry your going through this.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It helps to have a place to express yourself right now. Its a comfort having a  place to turn when the heartache hits again or Im consumed by the pain of the loss of my baby. Im so incredibly sorry for your loss. People say it alot on here and I try to remember it, Be Good To Yourself!
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and thinking of you at this difficult time. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • so sorry for your loss.  i had a similar experience with seeing the baby on the ultrasound screen.  i was so happy and excited to see my LO and after getting the news of no heartbeat I was broken.  T&P

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so very very sorry for your loss ((HUGS)). 

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"