2nd Trimester

Anyone else losing weight?

I can't keep/put weight on. No matter what I eat, or how much I eat...and trust me, I EAT.

My Dr isn't too concerned yet, but I never had this issue with my other two pregnancies so I'm worried.

Is anyone else dealing with this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else losing weight?

• I haven't lost any, but I haven't gained any either.  I did have a lower starting weight last time, but I definitely gained steadily from the beginning of the second trimester on too.
  • My weight seems to fluctuate no matter what I do.  Last month, I gained 8 lbs,  This month, I gained for 2 weeks and lost for 2 weeks - for a zero net gain.  Dr. said it is not uncommon and he would tell me when it was time to be worried. 

Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I only lost about 3 to 4 pounds total but I'm just now breaking even from where I started.

• I wouldn't be too concerned with weight at 15 weeks. I have only gained a total of 7 or 8 LBS at 21 weeks
  • I had lost 5 pounds in the first tri. I gained 4 back and have lost one or 2 again. I'm ok with this since I still have weight to lose from DS.
  • I'm still down 5# from pre pregnancy weight, which is mind boggling to me because I eat and EVERYTHING is bigger!  Also I haven't been exercising and I usually gain weight easily.  I assume this trimester will see an explosion of weight gain, but time will tell.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have the opposite problem. Today my doctor told me that I should have gained about 10 lbs by the 20 week mark... I have gained 9 lbs and I am only 17 weeks. Ick.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Yes.  I'm not sure how many lbs I'm down- probably 5?  Last time, I think it was a bit more at this point.  With DS, when I hadn't gained by my 21 week appointment, the OB said I needed to gain a pound per week minimum.  I ate and ate and ended up gaining 17 lbs total during the pregnancy.  This time around, I'm still losing.  I am hoping to gain next time and avoid the lecture :)
  • I am, but I am overweight so it is actually something everyone is happy about... baby is "helping" me lose weight - is what my midwife says. I'm sure this isn't helpful to you since you're probably in a different situation. If your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't worry. 
  • I have lost 6 Ibs since I got pregnant. I think its because now I have no desire to over indulge. Whereas before I got pregnant I tended to wayy over eat. So its a combination of stopping when I am full and getting sick I think. My doctor recommended that I drink BOOST drinks with every meal. They are delicious and they make me feel great! try it!
  • Yes, but I am also overweight and have gestational diabetes so it's probably a good thing.  My doctors don't seem at all concerned with my weight loss.  My guess is that if I continuing to lose into my third trimester then maybe they will get worried.  I wouldn't worry to much if your doctor isn't concerned.  I think with my first pregnancy I lost in the the first few months then towards the middle to end of my 2nd trimester I started to gain. 
  • imageAshleyEric609:

I can't keep/put weight on. No matter what I eat, or how much I eat...and trust me, I EAT.

My Dr isn't too concerned yet, but I never had this issue with my other two pregnancies so I'm worried.

Is anyone else dealing with this? 

I'm in that boat again with DD I was the same weigh, but she did gain weight. Dr. wasn't worried

• Lost 10lbs so far. I've been much more ill with this one than my first! I'm still pretty sick all day and can't eat what I want.  Pretty much living on eggs and cereal. I'm up 1lb now from when I started and I'm hoping my appetite changes so I can eat more for this baby!  I hope it's just as easy to lose those 10lbs after he comes out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"