January 2013 Moms
Options

those who dont celebrate halloween?

What are your plans tonight? My parents are watching DS so DH, my brothers and I can go to the pistons opener. Just curious what you guys do or are doing.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: those who dont celebrate halloween?

• Options

I am kind of in between. I dont believe in celebrating halloween teh traditional way per se.... like we dont have witches or goblins or that kind of thing for decorations.... but we do allow carter to dress up (in something appropriate). we normally go to our church "Fall Harvest Party" where they share Jesus and bring the community together- its awesome! This year Carter is at his dad's. I believe they are going trick or treating. I am bummed taht he is not home with me :(

Anwyays.... I plan to get dinner with a friend (H is hunting) and then visiting my parents or working on the nursery :)

Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrsodonnell12:
    I am kind of in between. I dont believe in celebrating halloween teh traditional way per se.... like we dont have witches or goblins or that kind of thing for decorations.... but we do allow carter to dress up in something appropriate. we normally go to our church "Fall Harvest Party" where they share Jesus and bring the community together its awesome! This year Carter is at his dad's. I believe they are going trick or treating. I am bummed taht he is not home with me :
    Anwyays.... I plan to get dinner with a friend H is hunting and then visiting my parents or working on the nursery :

I love the fall harvest party idea! My church doesn't really do anything but I wish they did something like that.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH & I don't really celebrate Halloween...that is until LO is arrives. After work I have some errands to run then home to cook dinner and relax the rest of the night.
  • Options

imageakating:
    What are your plans tonight? My parents are watching DS so DH, my brothers and I can go to the pistons opener. Just curious what you guys do or are doing.

I live about 10 miles from the Palace... Go by there at least 2-3 times a week! Have fun tonight!

• Options
    imagemrsodonnell12:

I am kind of in between. I dont believe in celebrating halloween teh traditional way per se.... like we dont have witches or goblins or that kind of thing for decorations.... but we do allow carter to dress up (in something appropriate). we normally go to our church "Fall Harvest Party" where they share Jesus and bring the community together- its awesome! This year Carter is at his dad's. I believe they are going trick or treating. I am bummed taht he is not home with me :(

Anwyays.... I plan to get dinner with a friend (H is hunting) and then visiting my parents or working on the nursery :)

I'm the same. We carve pumpkins and put out cute fall decorations, but not much Halloween stuff. Our church is having a Carnival tonight. Next year I plan to take our DD to it. My mom and dad didn't let my brother and I dress up as anything "scary" and they took us to church on Halloween and we plan to do the same with our kids.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We don't celebrate Halloween either. I am probably a little extreme in my beliefs per most people as far as Halloween goes....but we always do something fun! DS wants to go to the YMAC and swim. So we will probably go to Chick Fil A or something for dinner and then go swim for a bit.
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We don't go all out for it.  I made DS a homemade Railroad Engineer's costume and we'll go visit some of the neighbours that we know really well, we did carve a pumpkin this year (DS loved playing with the guts), but really we'll just be sitting around praying that we get enough kids to get rid of all the candy in the house so I don't eat it.  Good thing I passed my GD test!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    imageEAMommy:

imageakating:

I live about 10 miles from the Palace... Go by there at least 2-3 times a week! Have fun tonight!

Want to come? We have an extra ticket! :)

• Options
    I normally celebrate but theres no way I could be out walking around. I'm so nauseous from eating too much candy and I'd take a nap if I didnt think trick or treaters would ring the bell and wake me up!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're going to dinner+movie.  We don't hate Halloween, but neither of us are into it.  We'll probably put LO in a costume during the day but likely won't do anything in the evening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"