Special Needs

I'm making an appt with the dev. pedi next week

Once post-Sandy things calm down a bit.  I'm a bit scared, as I'm risking war with DH over it (here's a previous post about that:  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/68944005/ShowThread.aspx), but DS is starting to regress and I really need some help.  He's starting to growl instead of use words again, is purposely hurting himself when he's angry or frustrated, and is starting to have sensory problems with food.  He's gagging on pretty much everything he decides he doesn't like.  That disappeared a year and a half ago, so I don't know why it's back, but I can't have him down to eating just 4 foods again.  I already have enough trouble with DD's weight gain (she's borderline FTT).

I know it's going to be a long wait time, so if anyone has any tried and true techniques that worked with their kids, let me know.

Also, RE the previous post, DS can't read, so we didn't start playing Guess Who, but we have started looking at faces and talking about similarities and differences.  Eye colors, hair colors, big mouths, little mouths, etc.  It seems to be helping some.  He knows his friend's name now.

Re: I'm making an appt with the dev. pedi next week

• d.fd.f member
    I don't really have any advice on those particular issues but I wanted to say Good Luck! I know you've had concerns for a while.

DS 09/2008

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"