September 2012 Moms

Holding on to weight when BFing?

Title: Holding on to weight when BFing? 

So Im an at a weight loss plateau right now and its driving me crazy. I gained about 44lbs- started at 128 and ended at 172. Yuck. Of course I lost 25lbs right away then now Im stuck. I havent lost (or gained) a lb in almost a month. Its so frustrating. I am eating ok (not dieting since Im BFing) and I just started to workout.

With DD1 I remember having the same issue-sorta. I went back to work after 3 months and I was able to get into a routine as well as a workout routine (I was able to take classes at lunch) and right away the remaining  weight began to fall off. I also stopped BFing a couple weeks before I went back to work.

With DD2 I am able to take off 6 months of work so I plan on BFing a little longer. I'm starting to wonder though if my weight loss plateau is because of BFing? Is that a crazy thought? I was researching this yesterday and there is a theory out there that says some women hang on to the weight when BFing and when they stop the weight will start to fall off again.

What had your experience been? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holding on to weight when BFing?

• I have no prior experience because this is my first baby, but I wanted to say I'm having the same issue.  I gained 42lbs total and dropped 20lbs right away.  I can't seem to lose anything else despite my efforts.  I'm definitely eating less then when I was pregnant but it's not a full on diet because I'm breast feeding.  I've had some medical issues lately but I think I'm going to try jogging on the treadmill today and try to get back into a routine.  Hopefully that helps because I plan to breast feed for the 1st year.

• With my first pregnancy I EP And I held onto the last 20 or so pounds of weight. When I went to the doctor he said that until I stopped pumping I would probably hold onto the weight. That was true I stopped pumping after about nine months and I lost 10 pounds in a little over a week. This time same thing. I lost 25 really quickly and then haven't lost anything in about a month. I have stopped breastfeeding and pumping as of last week so I will be anxious to see if the wind comes off. It is super frustrating though because I can't fit into anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBenandSuzy:
    With my first pregnancy I EP And I held onto the last 20 or so pounds of weight. When I went to the doctor he said that until I stopped pumping I would probably hold onto the weight. That was true I stopped pumping after about nine months and I lost 10 pounds in a little over a week. This time same thing. I lost 25 really quickly and then haven't lost anything in about a month. I have stopped breastfeeding and pumping as of last week so I will be anxious to see if the wind comes off. It is super frustrating though because I can't fit into anything.

I know...none of my clothes fit. I am going to keep with my plan of BFing for at least another month and hopefully it will start to come off then. But then again we will be going into the holidays.....lol 

• Blahhhhh this is bad news for me :(

I have been working out the past 8 days and am not down a damn pound.  WTF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I hold weight due to BFing. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetinyhumantoe:

Blahhhhh this is bad news for me :(

I have been working out the past 8 days and am not down a damn pound.  WTF.

Don't be discouraged. It took more than 8 days to put it on! Keep up the good habits and it'll happen! 

• I am having the same exact issue! My LO is 5 weeks old. I gained abut 35 lbs with the pregnancy, lost 20 right away and now I'm stuck with 15 left to lose. I've been hovering around the same weight for the past 2 or so weeks. Argh! I've been watching what I eat, but not exercising until I get the approval from my doctor. I am EPing and I plan to keep that up until around Christmas time at least, so I guess I'm stuck with the extra weight for a while. =(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"