Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Cyotec Questions

I was just wondering if anyone could give me their experience when using cyotec? I know my doc told me to take one pill then take 3 24 hrs later. How soon after you take them does cramping/bleeding start? and how long does it last? I know everyone is different but I wanted to get info on how people felt while they took it. Do you take them and sit around and wait for everything to happen? Thanks for any info that given

Re: Cyotec Questions

• I had a D&C, so can't answer your question. Just wanted to send you some positive thoughts and HUGS.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• You can see my post on here that I wrote recently. Very sorry for your loss
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It took 3 hours before I began having contractions. I didn't start bleeding until 4 hours after the contractions started so, 7 hours after I took the pills. I ended up having to have a d&c after that anyways because my body wouldn't pass everything. I don't know what I was expecting when I took the pills, but the intensity of the contractions threw me off guard.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope it works out better for you than it did for me.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Check out this blog.

It was a huge help.  I was really not given much information, and I personally like to know what is happening at all times.  This blog gives great details (possibly too graphic of details)

I inserted all four pills at once. And waited. And waited. And needed to use the bathroom a few hours later. And the pills fell out.

So I tried again two days later (b/c I had a bad reaction to taking vicodin and ended up in the ER vomiting and needing fluids after attempt 1). And I pre-moistened the pill before inserting them.  I did this between around 10:30 am.  I had mild cramping a few hours later and had intense pain about 6 hours later. The pain was quick- I passed the sac & baby pretty quickly.  That part wan't actually that bad physically.    I continued to pass clots the next few days (took the pills on a Sunday,  last one was Wednesday afternoon).    

Make sure to eat something and drink lots of fluids.   I ended up constipated (prob. from being sick b/c of the vicodin)... and that pain combined with the cramping of the cytotec was horrible.   Lots of advil & heating pads!

I had my follow up u/s on that thursday (was supposed to be my 12 wk appt/ NT scan).  And everything was gone- so no need for a D&C.

Sorry you are going through this- and good luck!  

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss.

If you check out my blog here (click on my user name) I wrote up my experience with cytotec last year.  Good luck, and hugs.

Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• I had to take 3 pills a day for 7 days. I took the first pill Friday afternoon and about 1 hour later I had the worse cramping of my entire life. I passed a few large blood clots during this first few hours so I thought things would slow down bc I thought I had completely miscarried. Well I was wrong I continued with those wretched cramps for about 8hours. Advil and heating pad allowed me to sleep Friday night. I didn't have cramps really after that. I continued to bleed moderately. I passed the sac on Sunday night and stopped bleeding on Tuesday. I went to my MD the following Friday and no dc was needed. The first night was horrible but afterwards it was ok. I wish you the best during this difficult time
  • I took the pills Friday evening around 7 or 8 and went to bed around 9.  I couldn't sleep and the cramping started pretty quickly. I believe it was around 3 hours later when things got rough.  I took more pills the next morning as instructed. The second round was a piece of cake compared to the first.  The pills worked for me so I didn't need any further intervention.  The baby stopped growing around 6 weeks and I wasn't able to tell when I passed it.  I highly recommend asking your doctor about pain relief options in advance.  It would be so much better if I had taken some pain meds earlier. Details of my experience are below.  It was rough, please don't read further if you don't want to read the details. 

I also had a lot of diarrhea, vomiting, hot and cold flashes, was shaking and was in a lot of pain. I would get really hot and take all my clothes off and the next thing you know I was freezing. I have never had pain like that before, I would say at its worst it was a 6 out of 10. I could not think straight and when DH kept asking me questions I could barely respond b/c of the pain. I think the shaking was due to having to sit on the toilet for a long time, leaning over to puke in a trash can and my muscles just started cramping.

The RE told me later that vomiting is not a side effect of the medicine but was a reaction to pain.  Unfortunately it was very painful for me and I never even thought about asking for pain medications in advance. I just figured if I wanted to go into labor some day I could handle heavy cramping at home.  Either I have no pain tolerance or I just had a bad experience.  DH was really worried and we ended up calling the on call doctor.  By the time they called back things had started coming out (it was like a faucet suddenly turned on) and I started improving immediately.  They say once you get through the first part it gets a lot better and that was true for me.  They called in some pain meds and we picked them up around 7 am when the pharmacy opened so I would have them for round two.  Round two was a breeze and I did take the pain meds in advance that time just in case.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies. I started to miscarry last night. I wasn't in too much pain so I went to bed b/c my D&c was scheduled for today. What are the odds of that happening. Procedure was quick because everything was on its way out anyway 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"