August 2012 Moms

AW: funny, non PC kids

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but it was too funny not to share.

We went to the Halloween at the Y event last weekend and my 6 year old was chatting with a woman behind us in line about their costumes. He told her Lexie was a scarecrow, he was a robot, and Gunnar was a homo. <--- Not a typo.

We had to do some quick clarifying that he was a hoBO, but I don't think I will forget the look of shock on that woman's face for a LONG time! Bahaha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: AW: funny, non PC kids

• Haha! That's funny because no one says that word anymore.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• imageBaker_Bride:
    Haha! That's funny because no one says that word anymore.

I know! It is absolutely not a word used in our house, so it was an honest mistake- but still hilarious!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha, kids say the best things. I remember when I was little my Grandfather retired and at Show and Tell the next week I brought in a picture of him and I and proceeded to tell the class that my Grandfather was retarded... Whoops...

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If anyone gets offended by this, they need to take a chill pill...or twenty. I mean, come on.

That said, too funny! Kids have no filter. We were in Walmart when my SO's little brother was about 4 and he saw an Arabic woman in full cloth with everything but her eyes covered. He had never seen this before, growing up in a very Hispanic neighborhood, and even though he barely spoke any English at the time, he somehow decided that that day, he would speak entirely in English when he said, "LOOK, AMANDA, IT'S A NINJA!!!!" in the most excited and loud voice possible. He didn't mean to offend anyone, he honestly thought she was a ninja and he was honestly thrilled. Of course, everyone gave us the dirtiest look.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• imageanbeck4:
    If anyone gets offended by this, they need to take a chill pill...or twenty. I mean, come on.That said, too funny! Kids have no filter. We were in Walmart when my SO's little brother was about 4 and he saw an Arabic woman in full cloth with everything but her eyes covered. He had never seen this before, growing up in a very Hispanic neighborhood, and even though he barely spoke any English at the time, he somehow decided that that day, he would speak entirely in English when he said, "LOOK, AMANDA, IT'S A NINJA!!!!" in the most excited and loud voice possible. He didn't mean to offend anyone, he honestly thought she was a ninja and he was honestly thrilled. Of course, everyone gave us the dirtiest look.

Omg lmao
  • imageanbeck4:

If anyone gets offended by this, they need to take a chill pill...or twenty. I mean, come on.

That said, too funny! Kids have no filter. We were in Walmart when my SO's little brother was about 4 and he saw an Arabic woman in full cloth with everything but her eyes covered. He had never seen this before, growing up in a very Hispanic neighborhood, and even though he barely spoke any English at the time, he somehow decided that that day, he would speak entirely in English when he said, "LOOK, AMANDA, IT'S A NINJA!!!!" in the most excited and loud voice possible. He didn't mean to offend anyone, he honestly thought she was a ninja and he was honestly thrilled. Of course, everyone gave us the dirtiest look.

That is awesome! So funny, stupid you got dirty looks, he's just a kid.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • That is funny.

My mom said when I was a kid we used to go to williamsport library weekly. I came from an even smaller town, and had never seen an african american. Williamsport library though had a few. I was about three the first time and My mom said when we were walking up the steps and an african american was coming down them and I just said really loud "Mommy is that a BLACK lady?" she said the lady gave her a dirty look, but eh, it was an educational moment.

imageimage
  • Hilarious! Good stories, ladies. Kids crack me up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageanbeck4:

A friend of mine was out to dinner with her family and her daughter noticed a group of men come in the restaurant.  She was so excited she jumped on her chair, pointed and yelled "PIRATES!"  They were bikers.

It still makes me laugh.

• I was handing out candy one Halloween when a little black girl told me, "I like white people."

All I could do was laugh and say, "I'm glad to hear that." 

• Hahaha, that's great. I love toddler-speak. My two year old has recently been saying "boobies, please" and "I love boobies", what he really means is blueberries. It's really hard to not crack a smile when you hear it. 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Hahaha, all of these stories are hilarious!  Love little kids' innocence!
  • When I was a kid, my mom used to give me little packs of macadamia nuts. Once I told someone she gave me marijuana nuts.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• The ninja story cracks me up!

Apparently when I was little I went through a phase where I pointed to everything and said what color it was... you can see where this is going. I was at an event and pointed to a man (I later found out he was about 6'5" and  250... and African-American)  wearing a black jacket and said, as loudly as I could "BLACK!" with pride... my dad thought he was going to be punched! (I should add that I grew up in a VERY white area with almost no minorities so I can see why the guy would be ticked of... but honestly it was his jacket!)

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My son was about 3 and I had been dating my DH for a while and Merrick was having toilet training issues. So he would watch my DH pee. My mom was coming up to finally meet my DH and she asked Merrick how he liked him. He says "He's really nice, Nan. And he has a BIG pee thing." And my mom died laughing. When she told me the story she said it was all she could do to not respond with "I'll bet mommy likes that!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"