February 2013 Moms

Should I be concerned?

My baby girl has been so active the last couple of weeks... I could sit and watch my belly bounce around at almost any time of the day. Then yesterday, the movement dramatically slowed down... I've only felt her a few times today and yesterday. So I broke out the old doppler tonight and her heart rate is about 172-174 which seems really high to me. It was 158 at our 19 week anatomy scan. Should I worry? I don't know what to do. I hate that when something worries me it's either night or the weekend when I can't call my doc if I needed to. 

Re: Should I be concerned?

• At my first ultrasound the hb was 174 and they didn't seem concerned at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got out my Doppler for the same reason last night, baby's hb is usually 140 or 135 and last night it was 150 than dropped down to 124 all the sudden. My MW told me not to worry that lots of times she sees dopplers affect hb either up or down. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    photo D0EE104210C440E48E28B53BA940865Bashx_zpsff62f0b1.gif photo A24F501B345347968B2BC922AD7C0613ashx_zpsf08f7401.gif
  • Loading the player...
  • What PP said. Plus babies will have "quiet" days especially if you are a little more active than normal the day before or the day of.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor also told me LO will be crazy active before a growth spurt and then really calm afterwards while they rest from the growth.  It could have just been a growth spurt.

Also I have noticed that my LOs will have days they kick and move so much I am physically sore then they will have a couple of days I barely feel them other than a roll or kick here or there.  I have noticed on the slower days, if I pay close attention I can still feel movement from them all day but it is inward as in they turned over.

My doctor told me not to be concerned unless I go several (3 to 4) days without feeling anything.  He said at that point call so they can at least check with a doppler that things are well.  He said after 26 weeks he want's me to feel movement daily. 

Glad you found LO on the doppler and all seems fine!!!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks for easing my mind. :) Ready for my next dr appointment to get here!
  • Thanks for posting this because I'm in the same boat! There are some days when I can feel movement all day, and others where I only feel tiny bubbles every so often. I am a FTM so I am *trying* not to worry too much and hope that baby is just relaxing... 

And thanks to the PP who mentioned daily movement after 26 weeks... I know I'm still early so I'm hoping it will steadily increase.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"