Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Early bleeding

So I'm not sure exactly where to post this, but because you are all pregnant I thought I would have a better chance of a good answer here.

Had what I thought was my period last week.  It was normal length, bleeding, etc, and since I do temp every morning I had no reason to think it was otherwise.  Fast forward to this morning.  My husband had minor knee surgery so we were out of normal schedule and a bit stressed.  I had light bleeding/spotting and was confused.  So just to rule it out (because if I call a doctor they ask anyway) I took a pregnancy test.  It's positive.  If you look at my ticker you'll see that I had a loss between my two kids and that too started with very light bleeding (And the only reason I'm not heading to ER is because my husband can't do anything on his own for the kids with his knee the way it is right now).  So my question is: if any of you have had an ectopic pregnancy, because that is my fear right now even though I have no abdominal pain or cramping, did you experience normal period like bleeding at around your normal expected period?  Or has anyone else experienced this? 

I called health link (our provincial online call centre for health problems) and they said because it's light bleeding with no spotting to go in within 24 hours.  I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor to see if she can get me in tomorrow.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

Re: Early bleeding

• Options
    This does help yes.  The blood this morning (it has since stopped) was very dark and did not look like new blood.  I'm still waiting to here back from my doctor to see if she can get me in tomorrow, but I do have an appointment as soon as she could get me in.  I know bleeding isn't 100% indicative of loss, but when the only bleeding you've ever had during pregnancy resulted in loss it does cause some playing with the mind. 

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    No ectopic experience, but I've had spotting and bleeding as you described with both my non mc pregnancies.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"