Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What to expect-tv u/s (PCOS)

I'm having a transvaginal u/s tonight to help confirm a preliminary PCOS diagnosis. I'm wondering if any ladies who have had one done (and could see the screen) could actually tell if they had cysts? I remember having one done when I was a teenager and the tech literally counted my follies out loud, but I was so uncomfortable that I never looked at the screen.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to expect-tv u/s (PCOS)

• Options
    The tech pointed it out, and my doctor tried to show me the picture, but I couldn't see it.  It was all just black/white/gray fuzz to me.  I nodded and went along with it.  Sort of like Rachel on Friends when she can't see her baby on the u/s.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options

imagemmb248:
    The tech pointed it out, and my doctor tried to show me the picture, but I couldn't see it.  It was all just black/white/gray fuzz to me.  I nodded and went along with it.  Sort of like Rachel on Friends when she can't see her baby on the u/s.

ha, I love that analogy!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had an u/s a couple years ago to diagnosis PCOS and I could see fuzzy stuff but not cysts. I could see the screen and she pointed them out to me. In comparision - I had u/s a month or so ago to see our nugget and it was completley different.

GL to you!! 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    imagemadasm0530:

I had an u/s a couple years ago to diagnosis PCOS and I could see fuzzy stuff but not cysts. I could see the screen and she pointed them out to me. In comparision - I had u/s a month or so ago to see our nugget and it was completley different.

GL to you!! 

thanks!! I've been lurking a long time and loved hearing about your BFP a few months after you started metformin. FX for another one soon!! 

• Options
    imageMrandMrsFireFighter:

imagemmb248:

ha, I love that analogy!! 

Definitely one of my fave episodes!  I used to tell people I was going to be like Rachel one day, sitting in the stirrups, crying because I couldn't see my baby on the u/s.  Now, I'm like, "Dangit, I'm ready to fake see an u/s baby!" 

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    imagemadasm0530:

GL to you!! 

thanks!! I've been lurking a long time and loved hearing about your BFP a few months after you started metformin. FX for another one soon!! 

awee. thanks. FX!

Good luck in you u/s!! 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    imageCLECyclist:

I'm getting transvaginal u/s once a week because I'm participating in a PCOS study. For my ultrasounds, it is very obvious that there are cysts.

thank you for sharing this! Have you noticed a pattern of more or less cysts at different points  in your cycle, out of curiosity? I usually get positive OPKs 2 or 3 separate times a month and was curious if you had a correlation between those and your ultrasounds.

• Options
    imageCLECyclist:

thank you for sharing this! Have you noticed a pattern of more or less cysts at different points  in your cycle, out of curiosity? I usually get positive OPKs 2 or 3 separate times a month and was curious if you had a correlation between those and your ultrasounds.

I have had two of the ultrasounds for the study and have another one tomorrow. I have not noticed a change between this and last week's u/s. I actually (almost)never get positive OPKs. The last time I ovulated on my own was last November. I'll try and snap a photo tomorrow.

i'd love to see it if you could.

Please tell me if this is strange. I have a near positive OPK and EWCM. I don't temp but I know there's a possibility I could be close to Oing. Weird if I bring my preseed and ask them to use that in case of the standard KY in case they see a mature follie? 

• Options
    imageCLECyclist:
    imageCLECyclist:

I have had two of the ultrasounds for the study and have another one tomorrow. I have not noticed a change between this and last week's u/s. I actually (almost)never get positive OPKs. The last time I ovulated on my own was last November. I'll try and snap a photo tomorrow.

i'd love to see it if you could.

Please tell me if this is strange. I have a near positive OPK and EWCM. I don't temp but I know there's a possibility I could be close to Oing. Weird if I bring my preseed and ask them to use that in case of the standard KY in case they see a mature follie? 

I wouldn't worry about the lube, seriously. I think the gel is specific for ultrasounds because it is a conductor of sorts.

ah, good point.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"