1st Trimester

What can I take?... alittle TMI

I'm going to call my doc shortly but I forgot the last 2 days and they closed early. Pretty much since conception, I've had horrible constipation. I've suffered from Colitis thanks to a spurt of under active thyroid and therefore haven't been able to go in like 2 weeks with the exception of pellets here and there. This has made my bloating and swelling worse. I increased my water intake since I know with DS they stressed it so much but I feel the water is also making it worse. My mom gave me a stool softner which is helping a little but not much. Anything else I can take?

Re: What can I take?... alittle TMI

• Prunes always work for me. Just eat 3 or 4 a day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• I'll try these. I'm pretty pissed, my OB pawned me off on the gastro doctor to tell me what to take that is safe while pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my last pregnancy I was VERY constipated. Like ... I didn't poop for a week. Yeah, it was bad.

Anyway, I called my OB and they told me I could try a Fleet glycerin suppository. It sounds unpleasant, but I'm so glad I tried it, lol.  It definately worked.

I'd call your OB's office and see what they suggest. I feel like there's some suppositories that are safe for pregnant women, and others that aren't. But I can't remember what they are off the top of my head.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • If you've gone 100% caffeine free, then disregard this, but I still have my allowed 1 cup of coffee a day and it actually keeps me regular. Getting too constipated always made me sick to my stomach and want to vomit. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"