August 2012 Moms

When you're a STM...

what is the ONE thing you will do differently?

I'll put the kid in the crib from day one so I won't have to worry about transitioning.

Oh and we have to show some love to the STMs, so what was the ONE thing you made sure to do differently with your second?
A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: When you're a STM...

• Honestly? The 2nd time around I never rocked to sleep. I neverlet LO CIO, but he neverdepended on me to actually fall asleep... but I know that doesn't work for all babies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Be more aware of developing flat spots and adjusting her head position when she is sleeping.  Other than that, things seem to be going smoothly, so not sure what else I would change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've actually tried to do it all the same.  So far nothing's the same, lol!  Every kid is different!  Oh, actually I tried NOT to rock the baby to sleep, but eventually started rocking cause its what works.  So that's the same for both kids.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• imagelatnprincess:
    I've actually tried to do it all the same.nbsp; So far nothing's the same, lol!nbsp; Every kid is different!nbsp; Oh, actually I tried NOT to rock the baby to sleep, but eventually started rocking cause its what works.nbsp; So that's the same for both kids.

haha This. The first time around was a breeze that I wanted to duplicate it. This time around she is so needy and isn't nearly as good at sleeping. I have my hands full. Some things you just can't plan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not having him rely on motion to fall sleep. With my daughter, she was either in a car, train, stroller, something with movement. So when she got older and I had to do a ridiculous 30 min routine of posting and rocking to get her sleep with the sh noise. I still have to part him but nothing like Nefertiti. That alone is better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly I'm a four time mom and the other things I Would do differently is ur first child sets the bat for the preseedig kids so make sure they are in check as then the other kids mimic what the oldest does. Other thing co sleeping but they r only little or so long. The other thing is not creating bad habits so I u rock to sleep plan on rocking to sleep all the time as u made them for them. Another thing is stop stressing about little things ... It always seems worse when ur in it and when u look back it wasn't that bad.

I'm no expert by any means, but after having four kids and one almost 14 I have some experience
    lolololo
  • This time around I put less pressure on myself to pump. With my first, I was always worried about my BM supply and having enough pumped so that DH could feed the baby. This time around, I have taken control and actually don't pump at all, DD hasn't had a bottle yet and she is three months old today. I feel completely different this time around because of it. DH doesn't seem to care that he can't feed her either.

• I'm trying to make sure I enjoy even the tough times.

Because even the tough times end and they all grow up.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagebyrne15:

I'm trying to make sure I enjoy even the tough times.

THIS! I truly understand from my first how quickly they really do grow up and before you know it, your newborn is a toddler! Relax more and enjoy every minute!!
  • imagenrb4576:
    imagebyrne15:

I'm trying to make sure I enjoy even the tough times.

THIS! I truly understand from my first how quickly they really do grow up and before you know it, your newborn is a toddler! Relax more and enjoy every minute!!

True, true..

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• I said I wouldn't rock DS to sleep or let him nap while being held like we did with DD. I've failed miserably. It's the only way he'll sleep, unfortunately.
  • With my second I said I would not force the crib like I did with my first.  She was probably three months old before we stopped fighting her and just let her sleep in her bouncy seat.  We all slept much better after that.  It worked too, both YDD and DS transitioned when they were ready. 

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"