TTC After a Loss

CPW - Nightly Confessions

Hi ladies! Since taking over the Nightly Confessions post, I've been thinking a lot about the "rules." In doing some research, I've learned that the rules were put in place due to some issues that were arrising with posts back in the day.

But today is a new day! Anyone wish the rules were different? Anyone wish they could confess to eating that entire pan of brownies? Or consuming an entire container of sour cream in one Taco Tuesday? But you hesitate, because it's "against the rules?"

Please, tell me what you think.

***Not trying to stir up any drama with this poll. I just want to hear what everyone thinks.***
[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CPW - Nightly Confessions

• IMO people should be able to confess whatever they want. Yea, NC is a bit of a yawn when people just confess about eating one too many brownies, but a small price to pay for general sense of community.

I do think the "no hugs" should stay in place. It keeps people from using NC as a whoa is me type of space. It's supposed to be a place to get a good laugh, not cry.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • imagekatharine25:
    IMO people should be able to confess whatever they want. Yea, NC is a bit of a yawn when people just confess about eating one too many brownies, but a small price to pay for general sense of community. I do think the "no hugs" should stay in place. It keeps people from using NC as a whoa is me type of space. It's supposed to be a place to get a good laugh, not cry.

Yes Well said Katharine. I agree.

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatharine25:
    IMO people should be able to confess whatever they want. Yea, NC is a bit of a yawn when people just confess about eating one too many brownies, but a small price to pay for general sense of community. I do think the "no hugs" should stay in place. It keeps people from using NC as a whoa is me type of space. It's supposed to be a place to get a good laugh, not cry.

Yea, same here.  I think it's awkward when there's a sad post wedged in amongst the "I farted in front of my boss" type posts. And there is that good sense of community when you realize, you aren't the only one who baked 2 dozen cookies and then proceeded to eat them all.

• imagekatharine25:

I like this!

Me - 27, DH - 32

EDD #1 3/30/13 - MC 8/24/12
    EDD #2 12/28/2013 - MC 05/01/2013
    EDD #3  07/06/2014  DS 7/8/14
    EDD#4  08/22/2016
  • imagekatharine25:

this

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• imagemisternmiss:

imagekatharine25:

Yea, same here.  I think it's awkward when there's a sad post wedged in amongst the "I farted in front of my boss" type posts. And there is that good sense of community when you realize, you aren't the only one who baked 2 dozen cookies and then proceeded to eat them all.

This person is my hero.  Also, rules suck.

TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • If NC is just going to go back to the days of "I ate TWO big macs OMG" then you might as well just do away with the thread. It was designed to be a place where people could confess something without fear of snark or kick back and at one point was the highlight for a lot of people. It sort of added the spice back into the board so to speak.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• imagekatharine25:

I agree...mostly because otherwise I might not get to participate too much :) ha

image Noah Michael, born sleeping 9/29/12 at 19w 3d. We love you forever Little Man! image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 2/4/13 EDD: 10/11/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Patiently waiting for Buggirl to join me!!
    Beta #1 11dpo:89 Progesterone:38.9 Beta #2 18dpo:1940
    HB seen at 6w HB 8w 5d 176bpm! Its a BOY!
    grow rainbow grow!!!!
    All Always Welcome!!
  • imageLaTi07:

If NC is just going to go back to the days of "I ate TWO big macs OMG" then you might as well just do away with the thread. It was designed to be a place where people could confess something without fear of snark or kick back and at one point was the highlight for a lot of people. It sort of added the spice back into the board so to speak.

I hear ya on this.  But NC has definitely lost its spark, even with the rules.  I was just curious to see that, if we had a conversation together about rules, would people be more willing to post.  Not saying I'm definitely going to change the rules.

• imagemisternmiss:
    imageLaTi07:

If NC is just going to go back to the days of "I ate TWO big macs OMG" then you might as well just do away with the thread. It was designed to be a place where people could confess something without fear of snark or kick back and at one point was the highlight for a lot of people. It sort of added the spice back into the board so to speak.

I hear ya on this.  But NC has definitely lost its spark, even with the rules.  I was just curious to see that, if we had a conversation together about rules, would people be more willing to post.  Not saying I'm definitely going to change the rules.

It's a cycle this board goes though. Unfortunately, I've been around long enough to see it...a couple times. When you have a big influx of new ladies in combo with a huge graduation of regulars you get this lull where everyone is trying to find their niche and figure out how open/honest they can really be. Eventually people get comfortable enough and let their freak flag fly.

♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    All AL Always Welcome

• I wish NC was a bit more of a UO, a flame free place to voice unpopular opinions. That can be dangerous sometimes though.

NC should really be about things you wouldn't tell people IRL. Just my .02.

BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagepkaren:

I wish NC was a bit more of a UO, a flame free place to voice unpopular opinions. That can be dangerous sometimes though.

The bolded.  I'm a woman with many an unpopular opinion, but truly embarrassing things (especially sexual things, as NC sort of is known for) rarely happen to me.  I suppse I should count myself lucky that I've never had a really juicy confession Wink

DD 9/2/13

• imagepkaren:

I wish NC was a bit more of a UO, a flame free place to voice unpopular opinions. That can be dangerous sometimes though.

You should think about maybe starting a weekly UO thread. Yes, there will be people who voice an opinion that some might not agree with, but that's what we experience in real life.

All AL Always Welcome

I agree with the UO thread and why not do a daily "Tell me what you ate" thread?

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I really do not know what the rules are so I didn't vote. If the general rule is that people can only confess to things they would not tell people IRL, then, for some, that is "I ate a pan of brownies".   If it is only about "freak flag" stuff then I won't participate.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"