Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

1st period after miscarriage

I am very confused and frustrated. I was told on Semptember 12 that i had a missed miscarriage. A week later i naturally Miscarried. I was expecting my period to come on October 21 based on when i thought i felt myself ovulating. I starting spotting that day. It was brown And it was only when i wiped. It continued for A week. I only saw a hint of pink a few times and only had a drop on a pad twice. Was that supposed to be my period? I usually have a light/medium flow but i don't know what to think. I have tried researching but can't A solid answer. Can anyone help me figure this out or point me to where i can find an answer? Thank you

Re: 1st period after miscarriage

• Options
    imageramy3695:

Cycles post m/c are usually pretty weird from what I've heard. You might want to read Taking Charge of your Fertility and start charting with Fertility Friend (link in my siggy) to figure out what's going on with your body.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get things figured out soon. 

This.  I'm sorry, I know how frustrating it can be.  Its a few days shy of 3 months since I was diagnosed MMC and I'm just getting now what I think it my second AF.  Its been real whacky.  I just started charting to gain some idea of what is going on.

Mother to 3 angels: D&C May 2006 - My cherry blossom child. TTC since March 2012. BFP March 2012; CP March 2012 - 4 weeks 1 day. BFP July 8, 2012; No HB August 6, 2012 - 8 weeks 2 days. M/C August 21, 2012. Cremated in our backyard 5 days later. Starting charting 10/29/12. Stalk me at My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

My cycles were weird before I got pregnant (I am in my mid-30s, so that comes with the territory). I can only imagine how out of whack they will be now. 

It's frustrating. 

HUGS.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.

Doesn't sound like you have seen AF. Remember, a period is considered red flow. Hopefully AF shows up for you really soon.

GL
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your help, i track my periods. I don't take my temperatures I could start doing that But i know by my Cervical mucous and other symptoms when i am ovulating. I am really frustrated because it has been all over the place and if the spotting was not a period does that mean i am pregnant i would be ecstatic because we are ttc I did take a test because i was frustrated not knowing a few days ago and it was negative but i did it at night and not first morning urine. I guess i could take another test and start taking my temperatures but would it be difficult because i have no baseline temperatures to go off of just post miscarriage temperatures?
  • Options

I think it would be worth it to start tracking temps. They might be all over the place at first, but you will likely see a pattern over time.

I have been continuing to take my temps through pregnancy and m/c, just because I am in the habit. I will feel better when I see my old pattern start to settle in. (Right now, my temps are just staying high -- so maybe that's what happens after m/c???)

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    Periods are usually funny for a few months after a m/c.  I have super regular cycles and I was told 4-6 weeks was the norm, which worked out for me.  That being said, it sounds like you just spotted some but I wouldn't call that your period.  Give your period a couple extra weeks (than usual) to arrive and if it doesn't you might want to see if your doc wants to check your betas.
    TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • Options
    I miscarried naturally on Sept 23rd and I haven't had a cycle yet either... it sucks
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary PCOS, Bi-Corninate Uterus, TTC 9 months, 1st MC- at 8 weeks 6 days, 9/23/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"