Parenting

Remember how I was scared for my prenatal blood draw?

Ugh.  Had the appointment yesterday and I talked to the nurse and the lab woman before hand.  They put me in the reclining chair and DH talked to me the entire time and I felt fine.  When it was over the phlebotomist sat me up slowly and asked how I felt and I felt fine.  I sat there for a few minutes to be sure and was surprised at how good I felt.  I figured it was the chair because I'd never had blood drawn like that before.  I got up and walked with DH to the check out desk to make my next appointment and all of a sudden, I was going down.  I managed to stumble to a chair where I proceeded to break out in a full body sweat.  Like, DH ran his finger down my arm and it was dripping.  He got me some water and I really just wanted to lay on the floor and/or go to sleep and/or vomit. 

Someone told the nurse there was "a woman fainting in the waiting room" and she came out smiling and said "I heard that and knew it had to be you!"  She touched the back of my neck and was shocked at how badly I was sweating.  Everyone was looking at me.  So embarrassing.  So now, even if I feel ok during and immediately after the blood draw, I'm going to have to say laying down for probably 10 minutes because my body likes to f'vkc with me that way :-p 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Remember how I was scared for my prenatal blood draw?

• I feel ya. Blood draws suck. I think I might have finally gotten to the point where I won't need one anymore. Thank goodness!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageashleysyn2:
    Yuck.  At least it's over and done with!

Except for my 12 week one.  And then!  This is a new doctor's office and they told me that they now do a combined 1 hour/2 hour glucose test.  I barely survived the 1 hour last time.  I told DH he's getting a vasectomy.  I'm done with these babies :-p 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry that happened but at least the actual blood draw went well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no that sucks!

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh, I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I've passed out several times from bloodwork and shots. It makes you feel absolutely ridiculous. I'm usually fine getting the shot/blood drawn then ok for awhile after...then I'm on the floor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am totally the same way when it comes to giving blood.  I've almost passed out so many times.

It sucks.

Sorry, but glad you got it done! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"