November 2012 Moms

Cramping? Dr.Office closed!

I had an OB appointment on Monday but due to the storm it was cancelled and my OB office is STILL closed. Well... lastnight I had about 4 really painful woke me out of my sleep stomach cramps. Since Ive been awake this morning I had one (about 2 hours ago) and a bit of Back cramps. Last time I went to the OB on the 22nd I was 38 weeks just effaced (she didnt give me a %) and not dilated at all -  I thought my water broke and the nurse told me it was probably pee so I didnt worry about it. Im now 39w/4d - I know everyone is different I am just wondering what I should do. 

I know most peoples advice will be to go into the hospital to be checked out - but at this point I feel like the mom who cried wolf, Ive been in the triage area about 3 times for 2 spotting and another for discharge. I was just wondering how did labor start for you? Did you have gut wrenching contractions? Cramps? back pain?

Re: Cramping? Dr.Office closed!

• PS Im due Saturday and this is my first child
  • I was up for three hours last night with intense cramping and tightening in my stomach and back. I figure things are happening since we are close. There were no waves of contractions to time so I just waited it out then went back to sleep. I'm not one to freak out at every feeling though. When I can time contractions to 511 is when I'll call my doctor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Stay home.  You have had 5 "cramps".  Most hospitals will not let you labor there anyway until you are much farther along.  Wait until you have actual waves of contractions and can time them.  You want to wait until your contractions are 3-5 minutes apart, lasting for 1 minute in length, and have been that way for at least 1 hour.  Generally when your labor pattern has reached that level, you are far enough along for a hospital to be willing to admit you. 

I know it's scary and new and you're not really sure what all to expect.  It just sounds like your body is gearing up, but not quite there.  Good luck.

• My on-call OB told me to walk around and come in this afternoon to be checked since my appointment was cancelled. 3cm dilated! Getting closer.

But thanks for the input - Its difficult to gauge things when I have NO experiance in this department!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"