October 2011 Moms
Options

Would you call the pedi?

Luca had 4 loose bm's/diarrhia yesterday, and just woke up with diarrhia. His poor little bum is raw and he screams bloody murder when I have to clean him up. I don't want to be that crazy mom who calls the dr about every little thing, do you think this warrents a call, or just wait it out?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you call the pedi?

• Options
    He has actually been eating and drinking fine still. Haven't introduced any new foods, other than he has still been adjusting to wcm. No fever. I am more concerned about his rash right now, I am just using desitin. I was wondering if I should call so they could recommend something better/stronger?
  • Options

When we transitioned to WCM A got horrific diaper rash, similar to what you have described.  I stopped the WCM until we saw the pedi for her 1 year.  When I asked the dr. about the reaction she said that it is normal due to the different milk their tummies are processing.  She told me to get a good barrier cream and make sure she was completely dry before applying.  

After each diaper change A gets slathered with Vaseline, once or twice a day I use desitin.  It took about a week or so for A's system to regulate and the rash to diminish.   

Honestly, it can't hurt to give them a call!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have struggled with terrible diaper rash for basically 12 months although we have been in the clear for about 3 weeks finally.  I would recommend something stronger than Desitin.  Try Triple Paste, coconut oil, baking soda baths and/or Vaseline/Aquaphor.  

Olivia has also had that bad rash and hers was so bad it made her skin bleed.  You basically just have to keep treating it and it will get better.   

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    We struggled with this a few weeks back. my doctor wasn't too concerned unless it was she wasn't taking anything in and to keep up fluids. Let baby be diaper free when possible. I also started putting antifungal cream under her desitin: aka jock itch cream, which is never embarrassing to purchase. After a couple of days, her rash cleared up.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    DD had the exact same issue two weeks ago. In addition to trying to keep that little bum dry and clean (and, yes, she screamed through every diaper change and bath) we fed her the BRAT (banana, rice, applesauce, toast) diet to low the poops and gave her a little Pedialyte mixed with water in her sippy cup with meals.
  • Options
    The only thing that works for Gator is a baking soda bath and A and D ointment .....not the zinc white A and D. I give her a warm bath daily in the baking soda making sure she stays sitting in it for at least 15 minutes. I don't use soaps or shampoos because that can further irritate the rash. Then at every diaper change I put A and D on. She gets rashs A LOT due to certain foods....which we are still discovering. The things that haven't worked are ButtPaste, Desitin, Lanolin, baby powder, and the California Baby diaper wash. She is also using cloth so during the rash we switch to disposibles so we can use the A and D. I bought California Baby diaper cream that is safe for cloth but it has Tea Tree Oil in it and when I put it on, she instantly starts screaming to where she cannot breathe and shaking like a leaf like its hurting the rash. I mentioned it to a friend and she said her son does the same thing and TTO burns.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

I'm bringing LBB in to the doctor this afternoon for a similar rash.  We just can't get through it because we've got teething poops on top of the rash - he pooped 9 times yesterday and went 3 times today before daycare.  We have him diaperless at home, have tried A&D, Aquaphor, Epesencials, antibiotic cream, and his prescription nystatin and it's not getting any better (started on Sunday).  His scrotum is bleeding, he's uncomfortable all the time, miserable after he poops, and hysterical to the point of worry during diaper changes.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Aw, that's terrible blu, I hope he gets better soon!

Luca wouldn't sit in the tub last night, and he LOVES baths. Diaper changes have been awful. His scrotum has been bad too, but no bleeding. I called the pedi and they just told me not to use wipes, and coat him in vaseline for a protectant. He has only had 2 loose bm's/diarrhea so far today.

• Options

With Diarrhea I do the BRAT diet:

Banana's

Rice / rice cereal

Apple/ Apple sauce

Toast

(yogurt too)

I  try to give the baby a bath to wash of their bum and sometimes I put oatmeal in the bath water. I let them air dry, then put the cream on thick like frosting.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"