April 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: steam & sweep mops/vacuums

Anyone have one they love?   I was looking at the Bissel Steam & Sweep ( https://www.target.com/p/bissell-steam-and-sweep-pet-brown-pink-full/-/A-13741678#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=bissel steam and sweep ) but the reviews on the sweep part are pretty bad.   The Shark brand one has decent reviews but still not amazing. 

We just got rid of our carpets and installed laminate so we have hard floors in the entire house..   I have a BIG heavy steam cleaner I use a couple times a month on my tile but the laminate can't handle the water it puts out, plus I want something quick and easy to pull out and use throughout the week. 

FYI: we have 3 dogs so it needs to do some good work on pet hair :)

Re: NBR: steam & sweep mops/vacuums

• Options
    We have a standard model Shark mop and I've been less than impressed. :-/

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

imageOhSewCrafty:
    We have a standard model Shark mop and I've been less than impressed. :-/

we have one of those too. Unless you get your floors perfectly swept of all dust/crumbs, you just end up pushing the dirt around on the floor and it piles up in the corner.  I'd like to get one of those vacuum mop combo thingies at some point, but just don't have the money right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just bought a steam mop from Target -- we bought a new house, laminate floors, adn the builder said not to swiffer or use any sort of cleanser, just water /steam.  So the steam mop seemed like a good option.

I can't remember what brand -- might have been the shark.  It is light purple.  As others have said, you have to sweep first, but that is kind of the case with all mops, isn't it?  It is good for getting grime or water spots off the floor, but that's about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I have that Bissell steam & sweep and I love it!  It came with two washable cleaning pads and I just use one, swap it with a clean one, and rinse the dirty one really good.  Then alternate until all the floors are clean.  Works really well.

ETA: Forgot to mention I have two big, hairy dogs too.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet baby Liam Paul!
    imageimage
    My photo blog Baby Makes Three
  • Options

I bought the Shark Vac Then Steam Mop after having just the steamer and I miss my steamer.(it stopped working so I had to replace it)  The combo one doesn't work nearly as good and the vac part is extremely loud, like twice as loud as a regular vacuum but with a higher pitch.

I just cleaned my laminate floors in our laundry room over the weekend and had to go around and pick up clumps of grossness because the steam part didn't pick any of it up.  That was after just a sweep, though; I couldn't use the vac because hubby works 3rd shift and I couldn't use the vac while he sleeps.

Your choice but I wish I would have saved the money.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"