Working Moms

Working mom vent

I know there is an end in sight to this- but this is just a little vent I have at the present moment. DD is 7 weeks old and we've been suffering from colic since week 3. She has her meltdowns anywhere between 5pm-8pm and can last as little as 1/2 hour to as long as 2 or 3 hours. Now that I'm back at work it's a little upsetting that all day Grandma/ Daycare gets my happy, smiling, loveable baby while I'm at work. Then when it's my turn I get the colicky, screaming baby. I love my job and I don't think being a SAHM would work for me but right now it's just a little frustrating that I don't get to enjoy my baby. I know there's an end in sight and colic does end so I'm just plugging through the best I can. Just a little vent- thanks for listening.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Working mom vent

• Aw.  My kids had a witching hour (hours, lol) in the early evenings as well.  Lots of dancing to Journey during those times.

It won't go on forever. 

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • My LO ended that terrible screaming period right around 8 weeks (just as I was about to go crazy!), so you might be almost out of the woods now. Good luck!
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLibraryChica:

My daughter had colic and acid reflux. You have my sympathy and commiseration. But you're right, it does end! You will get your turn with happy baby and remember, there's always the weekend.

*giant hug here*

All of this. L's colic ended around 8 weeks and although she still has reflux it's under control with meds. Also, L is such a different baby now - it's ah-mazing! I have to say that now if she is fussing, teething or having a bad day or whatever I feel like I can handle it better then some might because nothing compares to hours of screaming for months. After going through colic nothing seems as bad. Hang in there!

My pedi said colicky babies often turn into very happy toddlers. Although L isn't a toddler she is a happy 6 month old for the most part.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • You're right around the 8 week Wonder Week, it's such a rough time with a baby.  I don't know anyone who's baby wasn't super fussy in the evening at that age.

It will get better soon.  And here's another perspective for you - enjoy your time away at work, it will give you more patience to deal with your fussy baby in the evening. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My baby had colic as well!  It ends. Don't worry!  DD is now the happiest little lady in the world. 

But I hear you.  DH and I used to sit there and laugh during the 3-hours of crying per night, b/c there was nothing more we could do!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"