TTC After a Loss

A major downside of living abroad...

Is that they don't really get Halloween. Last night I told DH I was going to dress up when I answer the door. All I could think of was just throwing on my scrubs and stethoscope and dressing up as a doctor...lame I know, but that's all I have! He was like they're not gonna get it, they think you can only dress up as a monster.

So I dressed up anyway, and 3 kids just rang my doorbell. I was like oh, hold on, I gotta get the rest of my costume, and ran to get my stethoscope. They just looked at me like I had 3 heads.

THEN, I held out the bowl of candy. They just stood there. I waited. Then, one boy took the bowl out of my hands and tried to pour the WHOLE BOWL of candy into his...wait for it...pot!! OMGWTF.

Definitely feeling homesick today.

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
Blog   ​Chart

Re: A major downside of living abroad...

• Ugh. That does sound very unhalloweeny. I'm sorry that it's so different there. And boo to the kid who tried taking all your candy! Greedy little thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMG- a pot??? That is so freaking funny!!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP #7 2/4/13- EDD 10/20/13
  • Loading the player...
  • That would be horrible. I am so excited for trick or treaters tonight.  I am even leaving work early so I don't miss any!  Sorry you are feeling home sick.   
    BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's funny!  I'm a newbie here. I'm just curious about where you are living? (if you want to share... I'm not trying to be creepy!)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAlexKate45:

That's funny!  I'm a newbie here. I'm just curious about where you are living? (if you want to share... I'm not trying to be creepy!)

That's fine! I live in Sweden. My DH is Swedish, so we're living here for now.

Thanks ladies...I am homesick, but it's also really funny that they just don't get it! The other day, we were grocery shopping and I said to DH, ohh let's get some of these little pumpkins to decorate for Halloween! And he was like "When's Halloween?" Indifferent I told him I obviously must've failed as an American if he didn't know that.

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• I'm so sorry you're feeling homesick! I don't know your situation, but hope you can at least visit your old home soon. I actually laughed out loud at your story because I love when people from different cultures just have no clue about things we find completely routine. My in-laws are a great example of that actually! I bet that little stinker won't take all the candy next year if you actually do dress up as a monster hehe. (((Hugs))) to you!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Aw, poor little Swedish kids! lol
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• A pot?!?!?! I love it! someday, you will look back and be greatly entertained by the whole thing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"