1st Trimester

Amusing Taco Bell Story (Just for you to read if you are bored)

This is a hormone story. It find it hilarious now, just because of how worked up I was, but last night it was not hilarious.

So my husband and I decided to go get some Taco Bell last  night for dinner because someone (cough cough...me) is too tired to cook dinner AND clean up after. So his brother came with us. When we got there, it was PACKED. They were doing that "1 Free Taco" thing before 6 and we got there at 5 minutes till 6 o'clock.

So we order our food and wait about 30 minutes to get it. I ordered two things, once I got to my second, I noticed they forgot to put sour cream inside. So I went up to get a little cup of sour cream. 

The lady instead asks for my receipt. I almost blew up at her because I was like "I already paid 30 cents for it, I just want a stupid cup!" But I didn't...and just went and got the receipt. 

She goes in the back with my receipt and comes back telling me that they are just going to remake the food for me. I'm like. Wow, heck yes, I'll take a nice warm quesadilla the way I ordered it in the first place!

So I stand there....waiting....and waiting....and waiting....for at least 5 minutes. (It's not busy by this time, the lobby didn't have any new people in line and the drive in only had 1 car). Then a group of girls (of about 7) come in and order their food. I'm still waiting.

My DH comes up and asks if we can get my food to go because his brother had to get back home. By this time I'm furious. What the HECK is taking so long. It's just a cheese quesadilla with sour cream inside. It takes maybe 2 minutes to make. Then the group of girls get their order.

Oh man, everyone could feel my fury. I just wanted my stupid quesadilla (which is the reason I wanted Taco Bell in the first place and waited 30 minutes for my food, the first time.) So I walk up to the counter to ask someone what the heck is going on. NO ONE even makes eye contact with me.

So I practically yelled "NEVER MIND, Lets go" and stormed out. 

The thing that I'm nearly embarrassed about: I was in tears walking out to my car. I was so mad and I wanted my quesadilla! It was my favorite. 

Today my thinking is: Wow. I'm such a baby and ridiculous. All I had to do was ask after the first 5 minutes what was going on.

I have a feeling we'll all have nearly a book of stories like this! lol

Re: Amusing Taco Bell Story (Just for you to read if you are bored)

• imagestacia601:
    Awesome.. now I want Taco Bell!

lol  ditto!  I could really go for a burrito supreme and a side of nachos...  the enchiladas are good too...

p.s.  funny story - blame it on the hormones!  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagevaleivegas:

imagestacia601:
    Awesome.. now I want Taco Bell!

lol  ditto!  I could really go for a burrito supreme and a side of nachos...  the enchiladas are good too...

p.s.  funny story - blame it on the hormones!  ;)

The burrito supreme was my first item ;)

• Loading the player...
  • haha! I had a similar situation about a few weeks ago when i was at the PA renaissance faire. I desperately needed a bottle of water and there was 2 drunk guys in front of us, ordering chocolate covered bananas. I yelled out and was like "goddamn whats taking so long! all i want is a bottle of water!! what grown man orders a chocolate covered banana!" they murmured something.. and took their time taking out their money, and walked away. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mmm this made me so hungry for Taco Bell! My fianc? would have been raising hell after a few minutes of waiting, if I didn't first! I wouldn't have left without giving them a piece of my mind, getting my food, and I wouldn't pay for it either lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's a great story! I once cried over food with my last pregnancy. I work at a daycare and we eat the lunch that the kids have. One day we were having grilled cheese and tomato soup, which I LOVE!! The girl cooking that day totally messed up the soup though, made it with water instead of milk and it got scorched and tasted terrible. I seriously started crying because the soup was terrible and then I was laugh/crying because I felt like an idiot for crying over tomato soup. Now everytime we have it, people remind me of the time when I cried!

Gotta love pregnancy hormones, especially when it comes to food that you have your heart set on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Very funny story and I can relate to what you were going through! These hormones are getting the best of us, especially when it comes to food! We want what we want!!
  • lol, right there with ya!

over the weekend, I wasn't feeling good. Spent 20 minutes thinking of what i wanted for lunch, finally came up with something that sounded good... but when I got to the freezer, we didn't have any!!! So ya... I cried. DH offered to go get some more but I told him I could NOT wait for him to go the store. I ate a PB&J instead. So disappointing! :)

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"