November 2012 Moms

Medela Advanced: What say ye, STMs?

https://www.drugstore.com/medela-advanced-backpack/qxp188313?catid=274816

I have quite a bit of money left on my FSA for this year which I need to use.  Does anyone have this pump?  Like it?  Hate it?  I'd really like to not lose any of my health savings, and $300 of my "real money" would be pretty nice to have for other things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Medela Advanced: What say ye, STMs?

• I have a Medela PISA, but mine has a different style bag. I used it for a year with DS with no problems. I don't love it, but that's only because it's a breast pump, and I can't say I'd love any breast pump Smile But that being said It's probably one of the most popular pumps out there, and I've rarely heard of issues with one. It's comfortable to use and works efficiently. I would pump about 20 minutes at a time. I also got a hands free bra, which was nice because then I could do other stuff at work.  I say go for it!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have his exact pump and loved it with my first son.  In fact, when we were traveling on a plane it was my carry on and worked great since it's a backpack.  It's just a bit smaller than the tote version.  All the Medela accessories are wonderful... Especially the steamer bags for cleaning bottles and pump parts.  

Hope this helps!  Good luck with everything! 

K M D
  • Loading the player...
  • That's what I have and used for my 1st two babies and plan to use it again this time around.. no complaints about it! However, just an FYI that its only $270 at Target and BRU..that would save you $30 that maybe you could spend on extra parts/bottles/milk storage bags, etc..

Mommy of 3! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLittleBug1107:

That's what I have and used for my 1st two babies and plan to use it again this time around.. no complaints about it! However, just an FYI that its only $270 at Target and BRU..that would save you $30 that maybe you could spend on extra parts/bottles/milk storage bags, etc..

Unfortunately, I can't use my FSA at those stores.  Since FSA is pre-tax, I'm technically saving 35%-ish already, so I'm okay with paying a bit more.  I just hate that you have to "use it or lose it" every year.  I wish I could save it over a few years for something like Lasik.  Or new boobs.  But I guess breast pumps are cool, too. Huh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageironmom5:
    imageLittleBug1107:

That's what I have and used for my 1st two babies and plan to use it again this time around.. no complaints about it! However, just an FYI that its only $270 at Target and BRU..that would save you $30 that maybe you could spend on extra parts/bottles/milk storage bags, etc..

Unfortunately, I can't use my FSA at those stores.  Since FSA is pre-tax, I'm technically saving 35%-ish already, so I'm okay with paying a bit more.  I just hate that you have to "use it or lose it" every year.  I wish I could save it over a few years for something like Lasik.  Or new boobs.  But I guess breast pumps are cool, too. Huh?

That would be awesome.

V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"