February 2012 Moms

Weight, Height, Percentile

Everyone that sees Dylan always guesses he's at least 12 months old.  Last pediatrician appointment we had at 7 months he was 28" long, 20 lbs. 7 oz and in the 80th percentile for height and weight.  The doctor said the fact that he is in the 80th percentile for both that is good because it's proportional.

I'm just curious what your LOs are in height, weight and percentile (include age).

He is getting his 8 month check up on Friday (I think he's about 22 lbs now.).

Re: Weight, Height, Percentile

• Everyone guesses Logan is 5-6 months! At 6 months he was 17lbs and 25". He's usually in the 40th percentile for weight and around10th for height. I don't have a clue where is at now and his next check-up isn't until 9 months. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Addy doesn't have another checkup until 9 months, so I'm not at all sure what her %s are right now. At 6 months she was around 10% for weight, 5% or so for length (I'd have to look at what a wrote down to be exact).
  • Loading the player...
  • At 6 months LO was 19 lbs 4 oz. and 27.5 inches so around the 75th percentile for weight and 50th for height.  I have the same problem as you do with people thinking he is older than he is.  From the day we brought him home all I hear is-what a big baby! I just smile and say yep-must be my great milk, which usually shuts them up Big Smile. I am interested to see what his measurements will be in a few weeks for his 9 month appointment!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Aria has been 75% for weight and 95(ish)% for height since birth. Her pedi said she's "just perfect" because she's not jumping/falling much in the percentile ranges.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • At 8 months:
    19 lbs 14 oz--54%
    26 1/2 inch--about 50%

• At 6mos:

Weight: 17lbs 14.5oz (85%)

Height: 28 1/4in (99%)

Everyone thinks she's a bit older, but for the most part people have guessed between 7-9mos which is pretty darn close.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • At around 6 months Lu was 14.something pounds and 27 inches. She was 20th ile for weight and the 75th for height. She had always been in the 98th for height, so she was starting to slow down.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• At their 9 month checkup they were both 27" long (I believe 27", either that or 29" but I'm too lazy to go look it up) and in the 18%. Nat was 16lbs 8.5oz (18%) and Liv was 16lbs 2oz (13%). Both of their heads were in the 38%, but I don't remember the measurement.

People guess they're anywhere from 3 months to 12 months old. I've decided most people are clueless and as effective at guessing the age of the girls as they are at guessing g the age of adults. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO had her 9 month check up Friday and is 17.10 lbs (25%) and 27 in long (50%) and her head was 44cm (60%).  Her waist is tiny and can still wear 3m pants they are just too short.  She has been 25% in weight since 3 months and was in the 25% for height but finally started getting longer.
  • At 6 months:

15th percentile for weight

75th percentile for height

They didn't seem to concerned that she's apparently a little diproportionate. Her head is in the 99th percentile :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • We haven't been to the pedi since her 6.5mo well visit (we go again in late Nov for her 9mo well visit).

At that appt:

Weight: 16lbs exactly - 40th%ile

Height: 27.5in - 50th%ile

Her head was in the 98th%ile though :)

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• At 8 months old she was 15'11" and 70 cms. So she is 18th percentile for weight, 90+ for height.  But she seems to be taking after daddy who was always light and off the charts long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pics-25untitled_zps5ec34838Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • L's 9 month appointment isn't for another month, but at her 6 month appointment she was 25.75" (36%) and 16lb 8 oz (50%).

ETA: We've got unofficial measurements (courtesy of DH, as he heads out trying to buy sposies for the first time) of 27" and 19.5lbs. I just checked the WHO growth tables, and they say that this would be 50% for height and somewhere between 75% and 90% for weight.

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • imagesuitern:
    At 6 months LO was 19 lbs 4 oz. and 27.5 inches so around the 75th percentile for weight and 50th for height.  I have the same problem as you do with people thinking he is older than he is.  From the day we brought him home all I hear is-what a big baby! I just smile and say yep-must be my great milk, which usually shuts them up Big Smile. I am interested to see what his measurements will be in a few weeks for his 9 month appointment!

LOL! That's great! LO is 95% in both weight and height. I had low supply, so he's FF. I tell people there was a mistake at the Enfamil factory, and he got a batch with human growth hormone in it. Stick out tongue

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We were 98 for height and 88 for weight. Although I think he has slowed down a bit. 22.6lbs was his weight when we visited the doctor last time. Everyone always thinks he is at least one. Especially now that he is on the move.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • We just had DD's 8 month check up. She's 27 inches and 19lbs. I was told that's 57 percentile for weight and 30 percentile for height. She was a little higher for height when he was younger. Being short isn't surprising though, I'm short and DH was short until high school.

When DD was newborn, a lot of people asked if she was a premie. Now some people think she's big for 8 months. She's almost the same size as a friends 12m old now. I was holding the 12m old over the weekend and people kept guessing that she was only 9 months old. I believe she's 22lbs and around 28inches.
  • Reece is in the 95%ile for both weight and height. He is 30in in length and 24.5 lbs when we had him checked the other day. Everyone thinks he is a 1 year old!!
  • Everyone always guesses Ian older.  He was 90th for height and 95th for weight at his 6mo check up.  At that point he was 27 1/4" long and I think he weighed 21lbs and some odd oz.  He went to the dr this morning, because I thought he had an ear infection, he weighs 23lbs now, but have no idea how long he is.  He'll be 9mo old in 13 days.

• Similar stats to OP

6 months: 20 lbs 5 oz, 27 inches tall

Current weight is right under 22 lbs (21 lbs 14 oz) and he's 8.5 months old. Won't know his height til his 9 month check up (in a few weeks)

• At 6 months i believe Ava was 14.5 pounds and 26 inches. 15 percentile for weight and 40 something for height. This was her first time in double digit percentile for weight. her 9 month appointment is Friday so.i can update then. People never know what age she is as she is tiny so size wise she looks young but is always near the early side of milestones and has more hair than most 3 year olds. i would guess most people think she.is older but with medical issues or something due to her size.
    Married 03/09
    TTC #1 02/11
    BFP #1 02/24/11 EDD 10/31/11 MC 03/02/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #2 05/30/11 EDD 02/07/12 Ava Grace born 02/01/12

TTC #2 08/14
    BFP #3 10/10/14 EDD 06/20/15 CP 10/15/14 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Same with ds, alot of people can't believe he's only 9 months, they always guess at least a year old and I have even had a couple of year and a half remarks. And almost every restaurant we go the waiters will ask what our big guy would like to eat and drink! Lol! At his 9 month wellness check he was 25 1/2 lbs and a tiny bit under 30 inches. I would guess he would have been a lb more but he was sick the weekend before his check up, which was on a thursday, and didn't eat alot and the dr says he could've lost some weight. Anywho the dr says he's the size of an 18 month old and I tell the dr its cause we are shooting for the nfl; lol jk but yeah we get the oooooo he's a big baby alot as well!
  • At L's 9 month appointment he was 23 pounds even and 28 3/4 inches. He should have gone as a thanksgiving turkey for halloween =) He gets called "sturdy" a lot, lol. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are on the other end of the spectrum with Emily, noone can believe she is 8 months already and they are shocked to see such a small baby standing, crawling, sitting ect.

She weighed 14lbs 2ozs, 2 weeks ago, she is 25in long. She is below 5% on both and has been since birth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"