1st Trimester

beta #'s

So I'm new to this whole beta #'s thing. This is my second child and with my first child (which was 7 yrs ago) my OBGYN never even mentioned getting my hcg levels tested. But after our miscarriage last year and chemical pregnancy earlier this year I want to get them done. I've had the same OBGYN the entire time and when I called to make my 8wk apt and expressed my concern since i've had so many problems she still didn't suggest we do the testing. So I called my PCP and they ordered a blood test right away. I had my first blood test last friday (Oct. 26) and HCG was 59 at 11DPO. Going for my second test tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed the numbers are doubling.

How fast to dr's usually get the results??

Re: beta #'s

• I am also having my hcg #s monitored. I had an ectopic rupture in aug, had to have a tube and ovary removed so they are keeping a close eye on my #s till they are high enough to do an ultrasound and make sure the baby made it to my uterus this time!! I had my 1st blood test yesterday after 5pm and the dr called me with the results a little after noon today (13dpo 114.9). So it shouldnt take long for the dr to get results. I would assume the lab just faxes it to the dr office.

• The lab at the hospital usually had them in one hour so I just waited for them.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you get your blood drawn in the morning, they usually have the results back that afternoon. If you get it drawn in the afternoon, they usually have the results by the following morning.  A beta of 59 at 11dpo sounds great, crossing my fingers that the numbers are doubling. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also had my beta #'s monitor. I learned the hard way, make sure you get your blood work done at the same place and around the same time. My second results came back fairly low, and I was devasted. But my doctor sent me back for a third test at the original place and make sure I waited a full 48 hours. Those results came back right where they should have been. I was told labs can preform this test differently

• My second results did not come back where they should be :( I am going in again Thursday and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My doctor gets back to me the same day. 

We had a late-loss at 26 weeks (twin b) so I was at the doctors office every three days it seemed. Myy doctor and I have a close relationship because of this which is probably why I get the calls the same day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lost Lilah (Audra's twin) at 26 weeks. Cause unknown. Forever in our hearts
  • I am getting the blood work done at the same place but when I go it done Friday it was in the afternoon when I got off work. I had to wait the whole weekend for the results. I went today for round two but due to my work schedule I had to go this morning on my way to work. Its going to be a long day waiting for those results tomorrow. Hoping that the if the numbers double I'll be able to relax a little bit.

Thanks ladies!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"