November 2012 Moms
Options

Became an Oct Mama today!!

I was due Nov. 15th but our little man had plans of his own and was born today, Oct. 30th at 8:05 am at 37 weeks & 5 days! Theodore "Teddy" Eugene was 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches. His birth story was a quick & smooth one once real labor started early this morning. I had been having contractions for the last 2-3 weeks that were strong and dilating me, but not regular. As of my last check last week, I was 3 cm dilated & 70-80% effaced. This morning at about 3:45 am my water broke and contractions started coming hard and fast about 2 min apart. DH and I only live 10 min from the hospital I was delivering at and so we got there pretty quickly. I was still spilling fluid as I walked into my L&D room. My check at about 4:30 am showed I was 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Contractions were even stronger at this point and I was set up to receive my epidural...worked like a charm and about 5-10 min after getting my epi I was comfortable and calm. I was checked again about 45 min later and was 8-9 cm and my nurse was like wow you are getting close! Shift change then happened around 7 am and my new nurse checked me around 7:20 and I was 10 cm and ready to push. My OB fortunately was just getting to the hospital nd was stat paged to my room, so she able to deliver me instead of the on-call overnight Dr. We waited for my OB to get there and started pushing around 7:40 am and our little Teddy was born with a full head of hair at 8:05 am. We are so blessed and so in love! Can't wait to hear everyone else's birth stories an congrats to the other Nov turned Oct mamas out there! 

Re: Became an Oct Mama today!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"