Cloth Diapering

handy moms

Im a SAHM now.  We are going to cloth diaper LO.  Does anyone make thier own prefolds or cloth wipes.  Im looking for a good website for some direction.  Also, what about the diy bum spray. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: handy moms

• I haven't made any yet, but I have some experience sewing. (Including AIO cloth diapers) I would make the wipes, since they are quick and easy. I find that the effort put into the cloth diapers (about 5 hours from cutting to finished product) isn't worth it to me. Especially if there are any kinks I need to work out and modify. I would rather buy a diaper that has been perfected.

I don't know if I could find high enough quality materials to make my own prefolds. I think it would be more expensive than buying good ones from GMD.

I am going to make my own cloth nursing pads. Those will be simple and I have the materials already.

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• We looked into making prefolds but unless you use recycled materials its not super cost effective. Prefolds are cheap anyway. We did make our own wipes. Cut an 8 by 8 square of fabric and zug zag stitch around the edge to prevent it from fraying. You can buy cute flannel or use old receiving blankets.... Even old towels will work. We bought terry cloth from the fabric store because it was thinner and it is awesome for cleaning up sticky poop. As for wipe spray we just mix a half tablespoon of baby soap and about a cup and a half of water and it works great. We have some we keep in a peri bottle but most of the time we just pour over a bunch of wipes in an old Huggies container. Works great. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm making my own AIOs and they take me about an hour and a half apiece to make. You can make your own prefolds from old t-shirts, flannel receiving blankets, or terry cloth towels. Here's a good website:

https://www.diapersewing.com/prefold.htm

TBH you don't even have to make wipes, buy a pack of terry wash cloths from the dollar store instead. Baby wash cloths are good too, you tend to get a bunch of those at your baby shower anyway and you only need a few for bathing baby. Bum spray is nice but also not necessary, as plain warm water will get them just as clean. Google "sew your own cloth diapers" and you'll get all kinds of websites and ideas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"