Birth Stories

Theodore's story

The story starts the early morning of September 23. The day before my husband and I decided to just relax since that Friday the doctor had said I was 60% effaced and 4 cm dilated so we knew that it could happen any day now. We went to a Chinese buffet for fun and walked around at the park afterwards. I thought I was having cramps and I just thought that it was because I was full from the lunch. So we decided to head back to our apartment. Around 7 I was pretty sure I had a contraction, but I didn't have another one I felt until around 9 so we decided to go to bed early.

The next morning I shot up out of bed (which is very unusual for me as I usually sleep pretty soundly though the night) and sat up to feel a gush. I started to panic as I was sure that my water was breaking. I went to the bathroom and I continued to gush. So I called for my husband and we went to the hospital right away. I was shaking because I was cold and very nervous! I continued to leak the whole way to the hospital. We checked in at about 1 am and were taken to L&D. I got into my gown and they asked me some questions and got me hooked up to an iv (since I was Strep B positive) and a monitor to check my contractions. Apparently my contractions were already 4-5 mins apart and I didn't even know I was having them!

Things went fairly well and at about 2 am I was getting really tired and was really starting to shake uncontrollably. They believed I was dialating and hence the shaking. I tried to nap and was only successful for about 20 mins. I then took a long hot shower and walked around for a while to try and move things along. We did this for about 1 hr and 1/2. At around 4:30 am I was starting to feel really uncomfortable and was starting to be in more pain. Around 5 am I started feeling the need to push. My husband got the nurse and I started to push. We shifted positions a couple of times to Squatting standing up and holding my legs in different ways to get Theodore to shift down. For about an hour and a 1/2 he kept crowning, but sliding back. I was afraid that he was going to get stuck and he wouldn't come out.  After about an hour or so of pushing Theodore decided to come at 7:09 am. Everyone was amazed that I did it all without any pain meds and that the labor was fairly easy and short. I was very tired, but glad. I couldn't believe that I was able to push and deliver him in the way that I did. I hope that the next labor is just as easy as this one was!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Theodore's story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"