January 2013 Moms
Options

Infant CPR Class

Is infant CPR included in most of y'alls childbirth classes?  I see a lot of people taking various childbirth, breastfeeding, etc. classes but very few mention an infant CPR class.

For STM did you take this when pregnant with your first?

My dad is adamant that DH and I take it, as well as my mom and dad are going to take a refresher since they haven't taken it in over 20 years. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Infant CPR Class

• Options
    We took an infant/child CPR and first aid class... Definitely worth it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took CPR classes with my work and they included infant CPR
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is not included in mine. I work at a University and they offer CPR certification classes for free (which includes infant/child). So DH and I will be doing that in a few weeks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options
    DH and I are taking an infant care class that includes CPR but it's completely separate from a birthing class [which I'm not doing]
  • Options

It's offered separately at my hospital, but at a reduced fee if you are also taking the newborn care class the same day.

DH and I took the newborn care and Infant CPR the first time. DH also takes a CPR class for work each year. I don't remember squat about Infant CPR, so I'm taking the class again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

CPR was not included in our basic hospital-based birthing class last time and it's not covered in our classes this time either.

When DS was a few months old I took a full CPR class that covered baby, child, and adult CPR and basic first aid.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I took one offered by the Army last time (DH is in the Army).  My hospital does offer one that is seperate from the other classes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
  • Options
    The birthing class I took with my first did not include CPR. We could of taken a separate class that was infant safety which included it. However I am a nurse so I am certified already nd my husband is also certified. But I would tell any parent o take a class.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

It wasn't part of our hospital class, but both DH and I regularly update ours.  I have to have it for work (elem teacher) and he used to have to have it for work too.  I would encourage every single parent or person in contact with children to take it!  It can (and has in our family) save lives!  Every parent should have a good grasp of infant and child CPR and first aid. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My hospital actually no longer offers infant CPR courses.  We plan to take one through the Red Cross.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    When I was a FTM I took a natural birthing class when I began my 3rd trimester, a breastfeeding class closer to my due date, an infant care class around the same time, and an infant CPR class several months after DS was born, but before we introduced solids.  We did baby-led weaning when introducing solids and I wanted the peace of mind knowing I could handle a potential choking situation.  I highly recommend taking an infant CPR class, and that the grandparents take a refresher course if they will be watching the baby at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We'll be taking it this weekend.

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, we took an infant CPR class while pregnant with our son, and are doing a refresher in 2 weeks. IMO, this is the most important class to take.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We will be taking an Infant & Child CPR class in December. I definitely think it's an important class to take.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our newborn care/infant CPR class is separate from our regular childbirth class.  I had to register for them separately
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If we took the big 7-week class, it would have been included, but we've had to take everything separately due to our work schedules.  We have our infant care class with the 2nd half being CPR/first aid in a couple weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"