January 2013 Moms

Speaking of CDs, please recommend your fav!

I'm a FTM and planning on using CDs for LO once the meconium is gone and am curious as to everyone's preference of diapers. I've heard that Bum Genius are great, but would love to hear of your fav brands. I'm hoping to buy one size diapers so that we can use them over the span of a couple years.

Thanks for your input!!

*I realize that there is a cloth diapering board on here, but our BMB is so friendly that I feel more comfortable posting here*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Speaking of CDs, please recommend your fav!

• I have two different sizes.  For newborn I do GMD workhorse diapers with rumparooz covers, and then once LO is big enough we'll do the bumgenius 4.0s (these are what we have for DS).  It's totally about finding what works for you though!  The thirsties fitteds and covers were nice and worked great, but I found them too bulky.  I loved the fit of the Fuzzibuns, but found them hard to stuff.  I have a friend that really likes the Kawai'i baby diapers because they have a better fit for her chunky guy, but I found that I had some minor leaks with my skinny guy.  If you can, I'd suggest getting a couple diapers in a few different brands and figure out what works for your LO.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• I'm working on my stash but for newborn I have 4 thirsties covers and prefolds. I have 2 BumGenius 4.0 and 1 FuzziBunz. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We're also working on building our stash right now. For the NB sizes, we're going with GMD workhorses. We have 2 Thirsties Duo covers right now, and I plan on adding 2 more, probably rumparooz.

For OS diapers, so far we have 7 BG 4.0s, and 2 Grovia AIOs that I picked up from their recent seconds sale. I'm toying with the idea of going for the B5G1 Freetime sale or not right now. I'll probably fill in with some Kawaiis, Alvas, and maybe 1 or 2 other brands. 

BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The type of CD you use, has a lot to do with what will work for the people in your household, and how much time you have to devote to drying diapers. Someone, recommended a trial, I didn't do that, but it's a good idea if you're not sure what type of CDs you want to use. 

Personally, I think prefolds are the way to go with a newborn. Once DS had some meat on his bones, I loved the ease of a one size pocket diaper. 

Favorite prefold: Green Mountain/Clotheeze

Favorite pocket: BumGenius OS 3.0

I never tried an AIO. I didn't want to deal with the longer drying times. I tried a couple Kissaluv fitteds when DS was a newborn. They were okay.

Favorite diaper cover: Thirsties (but there are lots of efficient and very cute covers out there) 

Favorite nighttime CD: Prefold with doubler and a SugarPea fleece diaper cover

Other stuff: Loved the Bummis flushable liners when DS's poo became difficult to deal with.

Allen's Naturally laundry detergent. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My favorites are Bum Genius 4.0, Bum Genius AIO and Totbots AIO.  The Totbots AIO baby can feel when they are wet, so I am prob going to use those more to try and potty train faster.  (having a hard time with DD right now)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For NB, my preferance was the rumparooz lil' joeys AIOs. For one size diapers, I like the bum genious 4.0s but have also had good success with the grovia AIOs.
  • We use sposies for the first few weeks. Once one size dipes fit, we move to those. My favorite pockets are rump a rooz and bum genius. I also have a ton of fuzzibunz but am having leak issues so I save those for last in the rotation. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loved my BumGenius and FuzziBunz one-size pocket dipes for DS.

I also bought a ton of prefolds and Thirsties covers before he was born but never really got into them, too bad. 

My favorite overnight CD was the Bumboo diaper made by Earth Mom and Baby... when paired with a wool cover they NEVER EVER leaked. Wild Child Woolies (I think she renamed herself Wild Coconut Wear recently?) has really super cute wool interlock covers.  I also have some knit ones that I love, but I can't remember the brand right now.  I know a lot of mamas love the Sustainable Babyish ones.

Goodmama fitteds are really nice, but they are expensive due to their collectibility. There's an Etsy seller called MamaMade (she might be on HyenaCart as well?) that has really lovely fitteds too.

HATED KnickerNappies, DS leaked out of them every time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I loved Bummis covers with prefolds for the tiny baby stage.  After that, we went almost exclusively into BG's.  My husband loved the BG's but I found they didn't work great at night.

For nighttime, I used a Fuzzibunz, one size larger, double stuffed, with a Bummis cover over it.  My son would lay very still at night and so he would compress the back of the diaper and it would leak.  This was the only way we kept him dry. 

• imagethis decaf life:
    I'm working on my stash but for newborn I have 4 thirsties covers and prefolds. I have 2 BumGenius 4.0 and 1 FuzziBunz. 

At the newborn stage are you using the Thirsties in size x-small, or are you going with a Thirsties duo that is size adjustable? Any idea which pre-folds work best with the thirsties covers?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"