1st Trimester

Anyone else hungry all the time???

I wake up STARVING - & I feel sick at the same time - so I immediately have to eat toast.  Then I have breakfast at work.  2 hours later I'm so hungry - I mean my hunger has gone to the next level in the past week of so.  I feel like I'm going to die if I don't eat!!  and then in a few hours I'm a little hungry again!  I swear, I forgot everything about pregnancy with DS, I don't remember being this hungry so early on...  Anyone else around 7 weeks & starving?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else hungry all the time???

• I'm now 9 weeks 5 days and have felt the same way since week 7. Its like I eat and 2 hours later am hungry again. I teach all day so lunch is usually at 12, then by 3:30 I'm dying and usually go until at least 5 or 6 before I'm finished with the day. I try to keep nuts or granola bars around to much on or saltines if I'm feeling icky.

For the nausea, get ginger candy chews - just 1 will do it, you feel so much better and then hungry. A friend turned me onto them, you can get a huge bag at most co-ops or natural food stores for probably $8 or less. 

• Yep - started for me around week 6, and hasn't stopped. I just try to make sure to have several healthy snack options on hand, and snack about every 2 hours. My desk looks like a grocery shelf...
    BFP #1 - 9/7/12 (my 35th bday!) EDD - 5/15/13 DS born 5/13/13

BFP #2 - 7/5/14 (total surprise!) EDD - ????

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ME!  And it doesn't help that there is a huge basket of candy in the work kitchen!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Glad I'm not alone!! =) I tried anything ginger-related when I was pg with DS - & now I have a total aversion to it - it actually makes me feel sick..  =(  

With DS I gained about 50 lbs - I don't want to gain as much this time around, but with all this eating who knows!  (Luckily I did lose it all thanks to b/fing..)  It's just crazy how my hunger has gone to the next level - before I was pg I wasn't that hungry at all....

• YES! It started for me about week three or so.  I was on progesterone pills (600mg a day) and that only made it worse. My doctor said that it is completely normal.  Just try to eat something every two hours and do not eat big meals. 

I didnt suffer from crippling morning sickness so I packed on 10lbs from the fertility drugs and first trimester hunger! Hoping second trimester is better! LOL!

Best of luck everyone!

IVF# 1 with ICSI 05/02/2012 - Husband had surgery 07/13/2012 - Started BCP 07/31/2012 - Stopped BCP 08/02/2012 - Little Friend came and had trand vag echo and blood test 08/03/2012 - started Puregon 250UI a day 08/10/2012 - blood test and transvag echo. Continued with Puregon, added Orgalutron and Menopur 08/12/2012 - did regular meds in morn, Pregnyl trigger shot at 930pm 08/14/2012 - ER with only a shot of anesthetic to my whoha - OUCH -next time i will ask for general. They were only able to get at one ovary because the other is located too close to my intestines. 08/17/2012 - ET of 2 Grade A emryos. Dr said only two really good ones were available and if the others make it to blastocyst stage. 08/27/2012 - No call from doctor so we can assume nothing to freeze. 08/31/2012 - Beta #1 286.2 - I am pregnant! Doctor is not doing a second Beta 09/1472012 - Saw babys heart flutter Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ooooo oooooo ME!!!! When I get hungry I feel like my stomach is trying to eat its self! The only problem is I can never decide on what sounds good enough to eat! There are not many option here in town but even in my personal work kitchen the stuff that I have stocked just doesn't appeal to me. With DD I ate cereal all the time!!! Loved Honey Bunches of Oats. That was the one thing I ate daily and craved it but I haven't found anything yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am hungry all the time and with my first son that did not really go away until I was in the middle of my 2nd tri, then I was hungry all the time again in 3rd tri.

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
    You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
  • I also often don't have a 'taste' for anything - then I"ll make something for the next day & it looks disgusting...  so strange!
  • Yep! I have to eat every two hours like clock work or im dizzy and sick! Eat small things and try to eat healthy:
  • I feel the same way! I will eat and 2 hours later, I am hungry again. But I am sick and nothing sounds good. But I know I need to eat something or I will fee even sicker! I don't remember this with my last pregnancy either...
    IVF cycle #1 - ER - 9/24/12 - 8 embies!
    ET - 9/29/12
    Beta #1 - 10/8/12 - 128
    Beta #2 - 10/10/12 - 205
    Beta #3 - 10/18/12 - 2448!
    Ultrasound #1 - 10/18/12 - 1 beautiful baby in the uterus!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm only 4 weeks and I need to eat every 2 hours!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I wake up starving and feel like I haven't eaten for days, even just a few hours after I eat a big meal. I swear I'm starting to get funny looks from people when we go out to eat, like how in the world is she eating all of that food???

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm just over 4 weeks... just found out less than a week ago and let's just say food is my every thought right now... I'm literally eating double as much as I did before I found it. And it all tastes so much than it did before.
    Baby #2 • 28.06.16
    DS • Tate Zachary • 05.07.13
    Married to my Best Friend 04.28.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"