Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

HELP!!! 13 month old not sleeping thru the night!

My DS used to sleep through the night, but in the last couple of months he has started waking up in the middle of the night crying. His routine hasn't changed so I don't have any idea why all of the sudden he's not sleeping. Please help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HELP!!! 13 month old not sleeping thru the night!

• Options
    What is his routine during the day?  Naps?  How many?  How long?  How long is he awake between naps and until bedtime?  How well does he eat?  Any teeth?
  • Options

imageKimbus22:
    My first thought would be he's teething.  DS does it for months before anything comes through.

I agree!  Also, sometimes an ear infection causes pain at night.  It could also be that a new skill (walking, talking. . . ) is waking your LO. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Molars?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Teeth, new skill coming, nightmares?  Any one of these caused interrupted night sleep at this age for DS.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    Teething, new skill, too hot, too cold, getting sick, having bad dreams, can't find a pacifier/lovey... all reasons DD2 wakes at night at 13 months. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It could be teeth, but sleep regression is pretty common during this time too. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I am in the same boat at her 12-month appointment, the PA said that it would probably work itself out if I was structured about her bedtime routine. After that she recommended that I go in lay baby down and let her cry 3-min lay her down and then let 5, then 7 minutes pass. Now if I could only remember to do this when I go into the bedroom in the middle of the nigh :(.
  • Options

Just went through the same thing.  With DD, we think it was a little separation anxiety.  She recently self-selected two bears to sleep with. It worked like a charm.  She is back to STtN. 

Usually the culprit is teething (as others have already mentioned).  GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"