August 2012 Moms

There's hope for sleep yet!

Subject: There's hope for sleep yet!

So Liam slept 9:30-5:30 last night!  He fussed a little at 4:00 but I let him be until I heard him full cry and that was around 5:30!  I was SOOO happy especially since I was a smart mommy (for once!) and went to bed at 10!  No sleep training, no extra milk or anything.  Just happened.  I'm thinking that 12 lbs theory is correct.  Because he went to the Dr a couple weeks ago and was 11, almost 12 lbs.  Now boobs on the other hand weren't happy and were engorged, but I'll take sleep over that, lol!  Lets hope its a trend and I can move him into his own room in the next week.  I'm tired of creeping in my own bedroom!  Stick out tongue

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
       Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: There's hope for sleep yet!

• Boo! We are still not sleeping at night. C went to bed at 9, got up at 12, 2:30, 4:00- stayed up until 5, then up for the day at 7. I think I was just too lucky with my "sleeping through the night at 6 weeks" older kids... Carson had been sleeping from 9-12:30, then 2:30, then 5:30 but he has an ear infection and I hope that is contributing a little to our crazy sleep lately..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was doing that same schedule just a couple weeks ago! Then he just started doing a 4 hr stretch, then 5, then 6, until we got what we got last night! I was SHOCKED! lol... I was thinking I was just going to have to sleep train at 6 months.  But we'll see if it keeps up.  He likes to throw me for loops, lol! 

• Loading the player...
  • I'd just like to say, the 12 pounds theory is not correct. Because if it was, my 15.5 pound child would have been sleeping instead of up every 2 hours last night!!! He was sleeping from 8pm-6am all last week and then this week he has been up at 2am, 4am, 6am, and so on. It's so frustrating...we were doing so good for a minute there! Hopefully it's just a short regression/growth spurt/because we aren't in our own house right now. Congratulations on finally getting some sleep, I'm jealous!
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Thats crazy! Last nights the first time B has slept from 9 to 5, without making a peep. Hes probably over 15 lbs now.
  • Yah Griffin is a chunker and likes to eat. He had 3 really good nights in a row Friday- Sunday then a bad night Monday night and last night he slept 9-1:45 and then until 5. Not so bad but I have to get up at 5:30 for work so I wish he could sleep until 5:30 haha. He has gotten a lot better. 3 weeks ago he was up every 3 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah I don't agree with the 12 lb rule either. Rylan's, 13 lb 5 oz and his first night of sleeping 5 hrs was last night 10- 3:30ish. Usually he gets up at 2, fusses at 4, and then awake again at 5:30.
  • Well last night was the first time ever in 12 weeks DS has slept through the night!  12 lb theory or not!  Whatever it was, God bless it!

• Leah has been sleeping from around 9ish to 530am too but only for the past few days.   She went to the doctor last week as was 11 pounds 14 ounces.   She has been eating alot more from 8 to 9 though as well.  Before she would only want 3 ounces at that time and now she wants 3 servings of 3 ounces or 3 sessions from the boob.   The first night she slept from 10 to 830 am . . . I had to check and make sure she was okay because I was stunned.   YAY for sleep!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Meh, I'm jealous.  DS2 is probably pushing 15 lbs now, and he's been sleep regressing lately.  Usually, he gets up twice.  A few times, he only got up once.  (YAY!)  But, for the past several nights, it's been THREE times!  Ugh, I'm tired again....
  • Hooray! I'm not so smart. The tlc channel held,me hostage until almost 2am

I wish the 12 lb thing was true. Jayson is 13 lbs now, and sleeps 5 hours at the most.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"