October 2012 Moms

I gave in to the pacifier...

I gave in to the pacifier...

and got the best night of sleep so far.  The LC had me scared to use a pacifier "Wait until baby is 4 weeks old!" so I held off for as long as I could.  LO was fussy last night and I just. wanted. sleep.  So I stuck a paci in her mouth and boom--she was content and fell asleep.  For 4 hours.  Then after a 4 am feeding, she slept til 7.  And she is latching ok (her latch wasn't perfect before) so it was fine.  I hate that I was scared to use something that is fine to use--it was a win-win for us both!  Don't really have a point to this post other than to share that I love the pacifier (and to let others know it's probably ok to use one if you are BF and worried about giving your LO a paci) Big Smile

Re: I gave in to the pacifier...

• I gave my daughter one for a little bit yesterday. She had a diaper rash and wanted to comfort suck and I was starting to get sore. But she didn't really like it. Nothing is as good as Mommy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I gave in at like 2 weeks with the same results as you! Granted we FF so confusion wasnt an issue. I just had visions of my kid walking into kindergarten with a paci in her mouth. LOL I am glad you got sleep though!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the dark side...
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageelfchique:
    Welcome to the dark side...

where's my dammn cookie??

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageelfchique:
    Welcome to the dark side...

lol it's nice over here--shoulda joined sooner.

• I'm so glad DS2 likes the pacifier, as it really helps calm him. DS1 didn't like it at all, and there were so many times that I wished he did...like when he was crying on a crowded airplane....
    I've been told by a number of doctors, nurses, etc that nipple confusion isn't nearly as common or as big of a problem as it's made out to be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pretty much everyone breaks the 4 week rule and when they do are grateful for it. I know I was. I think as moms we can tells if our baby needs a pacifier to calm down. If they really have that urge to suck, I don't think they end up with nipple confusion in general. Just based on what I've seen, I'm not an expert.
    DD 9/15/12
  • E has been using his paci since day 4. Pedi/LC said to go ahead and give it to him and that it even helps reducing risk of SIDS. It hasn't affected his latch at all and he sleeps better! He even rejects it every once in a while without much fussing.

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"