Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pacifier

My 7 week can't old his pacifier in his mouth. Is that normal 

Re: Pacifier

• Is it that he can't, or just doesn't want to? I ask because sometimes with DS I play the "I'll take it away" game if he doesn't want to take it. For instance he got his shots today. I know he wasn't hungry, but was tired and sad at the doc for getting his shots.

So to help get him to stop crying and focus on something else, I play the "take away" game. I'll give it to him and if he doesn't latch on to it, I take it away, give it right back, and do so until he does take it. It's just a quick in and out motion, but it works for DS. First he wont' want it, then by the third or fourth time he's almost holding it, and then I'd say by the fifth or sixth time he grabs a hold for good! I always talk to him and say stuff like "if you're not going to hold it, mom will take it away." in a playful voice. Not only does the pacifier help calm him but so does the voice. 

• DD does not want to keep it in her mouth either and I'm beginning to think she will never like the binky. DS only used it for about a month and then did the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Loading the player...
  • It could be the pacifier that she doesn't like. My DS couldn't keep his pacifier for long, then we switched it last week. Now he holds it for longer. Get the one meant for 0 - 3 month old, and is soft to suck on.
  • imageamil798:
    It could be the pacifier that she doesn't like. My DS couldn't keep his pacifier for long, then we switched it last week. Now he holds it for longer. Get the one meant for 0 - 3 month old, and is soft to suck on.

Agreed. They make them in all different shapes, and since all babies are different, it may just be that you need a different pacifier. My sister got us a couple super cute ones that we tried to use for DD, but it was almost like it wasn't long enough, she never seemed to get good suction on it. We actually moved up to a size bigger, which looked crazy for a little while until she grew a bit, but she loved it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"