February 2013 Moms

The Bump Boards need a "Like" Button

So as I am sitting here reading through posts I've decided I wish these boards had a "Like" button just like on Facebook. 
Sometimes what another person says is right on and I just want to say "yup! this exactly" or sometimes people post REALLY funny things and I want to "like" it.

Anyone else agree or do I just spend too much time on Facebook? lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Bump Boards need a "Like" Button

• imageDC2London:

Shhhhhhhhh be careful what you wish for ;)

I understand what you mean.  You'd like to be able to just indicate that you "like" something someone said, just as you can on FB.

But a few months ago that idea was taken a bit out of context and The Bump was somehow linking up with people's FB and some Bump activity was showing up on people's FB pages.  It didn't happen to me but people were pretty freaked out.   

This!!!! That was such a disaster. It really made you question the intelligence of the people designing TB. Did they really think people wanted to post their TB threads on FB?? They never made the change on TB, thank goodness, but they did try it out on TN and there was a mass exodus (that wasn't the only issue).

But I do agree with you in principle -- being able to click a little thumbs-up button to indicate that you agree with or support a comment would be nice.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I thought the same thing the other day!  But I definitely wouldn't want it linked to facebook, just the same idea.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejmetzler05:
    I thought the same thing the other day!  But I definitely wouldn't want it linked to facebook, just the same idea.

I "like" this comment as I feel the same way. LOL!  

I'll just start replying to posts with "like" lol.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The idea of things that I ask about here being posted to Facebook is terrifying! As if some dude I went to high school with needs to know about my RLP...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was thinking this too! Sometimes I don't feel like I need to comment because someone else said what I would have said but I want to "like" or "thumbs up" their comment to show I agree!
  • I remember when the bump added all of the new emoticons and we finally had a thumbs up button.  And then I remember the old board before the board before that.

geez.  I've been here way too long.  lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"