Stay at Home Moms
Options

DD is sick. And it's raining.

Ugh!  She shouldn't go trick or treating, right?  I know it's still early but it's supposed to rain all day.  We have plans to visit all of the grandparents after dinner and then go to DH's best friend's house to go trick or treating in their neighborhood.  DD started having a runny nose on Monday.  It was a little worse yesterday.  She's still in bed but now I can hear her coughing a little.  She definitely has a cold.  DH thinks that if we just put her rain jacket on her with her hood, she'll be fine.  I disagree.  I think she needs to come home after visiting our parents.  I guess if it's just sprinkling, that would be fine.  But if it's raining, she needs to stay home.  Don't you think?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: DD is sick. And it's raining.

• Options
    Your DH is right let her go TOt if she feels like it. It is only a cold. I like you and am glad you are posting here, but you need to calm down. Everyday there is an anxiety filled post from you about your kids. It must suck to be so stressed over such minor things in life.
  • Options

imageAndrewsgal:
    Your DH is right let her go TOt if she feels like it. It is only a cold. I like you and am glad you are posting here, but you need to calm down. Everyday there is an anxiety filled post from you about your kids. It must suck to be so stressed over such minor things in life.

Oh, I'm not stressed about it.  I just think it would suck (for me personally) to walk around in the rain.  Like I wouldn't want to do it.  ...but I'm not three years old and hoping for some free candy...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs.Greg:

imageAndrewsgal:

Oh, I'm not stressed about it.  I just think it would suck (for me personally) to walk around in the rain.  Like I wouldn't want to do it.  ...but I'm not three years old and hoping for some free candy...

Eh let her try. Halloween is only one day a year and if she is anything lik my almost three year old, she'll tell you if she wants to go home. It's not like people won't understand if you duck out early. 

Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Options
    imageMrs.Greg:

imageAndrewsgal:

Halloween is once a year and this is not about you. Let her go she will be fine and enjoy it. It sounds like you are using the cold as an excuse to not go in the rain. A little rain is not going to hurt her, you just need to buck up and take her.
  • Options

If it was anything else, I wouldn't let her go... but trick or treating is worth it! The poor thing can't miss out! :P Just keep her as warm and dry as possible (could she carry an umbrella?) and start out earlier than you normally would so you can get home sooner. 

I know what you mean about the rain though, Vancouver Island is the same.... I'm thanking my lucky stars that DD isn't old enough to participate in Halloween yet, lol. Growing up I always had to wear a rain jacket and carry an umbrella over my costume, it was so lame.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageMrs.Greg:

imageAndrewsgal:

Halloween is once a year and this is not about you. Let her go she will be fine and enjoy it. It sounds like you are using the cold as an excuse to not go in the rain. A little rain is not going to hurt her, you just need to buck up and take her.

This doesn't happen very often, but I totally agree with AG.  Put on your rain boots and Trick or Treat away! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"