High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Breakfast Advice - GD related

Can anyone give me any tips on what to eat for breakfast? I have GD, and am allowed 15g cards for breakfast. I do not really like eggs, so I was thinking if I had something else in the mix as well. And I am on a gluten free diet as well. Thanks girls!

Re: Breakfast Advice - GD related

• Options
    I usually have eggs, but on days when I am really sick of them, I will have cottage cheese with a slice of toast with cinnamon and splenda!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options

What's your level like with the 15g?  Just curious because I've always seen 30 for  breakfast, and that feels strict since I usually love yogurt, cereal and fruit.

15g is about 1 slice of whole wheat bread.  Not sure a bout gluten free options.  I just bought almond milk though, haven't tasted it yet, but it's low in carbs.  

I love peanut butter and pre-cooked turkey sausage.  Could you make your own silver dollar pancakes?  I bet you could have 1-2 of those with some peanut butter (check out all natural for a few less carbs) and turkey sausage.  Or even cream cheese (Philly lite is 2 g per 2 tbsp). 

Breakfast is harder than other meals, it seems like there's not as much variety.  You can always eat non breakfast foods at breakfast too though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

plain greek yogurt is good. you can spice it up with cinnamon, nuts, splenda. It's also good with splenda and unsweetened cocoa powder. Add fruit sparingly because those tend to be carb-heavy. I know GF breads also tend to be higher in carb sometimes so be careful with that.

Have you tried making an omelette? sometimes with lots of cheese and veggies you can hide the fact that it's eggs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have no sugar added yogurt every morning. I usually mix in some seeds or nuts for extra protein. I don't like eggs either and grains spike my sugar in the morning. I tolerate potatoes really well so sometimes I have hash browns with cheese and veggies on the weekend.
    DD1 9.15.10  DD2 11.2.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"