Breastfeeding

AF at 5 weeks post partum?

Is it possible that AF can arrive already??? While EBF? I am confused! It sure feels like AF but hardly any flow, maybe still PP bleeding? Anyone else this early on while ebf?
6 & 2 year old, 2 losses

Re: AF at 5 weeks post partum?

• Had you stopped bleeding from delivery yet? I stopped fully bleeding around 4-5 weeks, then got my first visit from AF at 8 weeks. And all the while EBF.
    Been Married Since 9.23.11 to the Love of My Life! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • My pp bleeding came and went until about 6 weeks. Have you been more active this week? Before 6 weeks I would be more inclined to think that it's PP bleeding and not your period.
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If it is light, I'm more inclined to think it's still some residual bleeding. This happened to me...bleeding seemed to stop at 6 weeks and then some spotting again for a day or two around week 8.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCrash Into Me:

imagesensoregurl:
    My pp bleeding came and went until about 6 weeks. Have you been more active this week? Before 6 weeks I would be more inclined to think that it's PP bleeding and not your period.

Same here.  Several of us have gone through the same thing.

Me too, mine came and went until 9 weeks!

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I was told that anything before the 6 week mark was still PP bleeding. I highly doubt you have AF BFing or not.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"