3rd Trimester
Options

positive gbs and bummed

Anyone else positive and bummed?

Re: positive gbs and bummed

• Options
    I am positive.  I am not too bummed though.  I am just happy to know so that I can get the antibiotics.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am too, and thought I was cool, but then I just thought about it and got kinda bummed. I know alot of people say it's no big deal, and I know it's not, but I am being honset and I am a lil bummed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was tested today, so I won't know until next week if I'm positive or not. but some "encouragement," if I may: I was positive with my son, in 2010, and negative with mydaughter, in 2011. My labor with my son was so fast, I actually didn't get all the meds... they wanted 4 hours, I only got 3. Both my son and daughter are healthy and it really is no big deal and nothing to be bummed about.
  • Options
    I get my test next week.  I was positive with my first and it wasn't a big deal.  Don't worry, you're not dirty ;)
  • Options
    I don't get why you would be bummed. You get some antibiotics, that's it. No worse that being rh. I was positive with DD1 and am now negative. It really doesn't mean anything. Just one more thing for them to help make a safe arrival for lo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I haven't been tested yet, but I would be bummed. I don't even want a heplock, so I definitely don't want to be hooked up for antibiotics. It's not a big deal, but still something I'd rather avoid.
  • Options
    It's not really that big of a deal.  I was negative in my first pregnancy, positive in my second pregnancy, and so far still negative in this pregnancy.  With my second pregnancy, my delivery happened so fast that I was unable to get all of the needed antibiotics.  Everything still turned out fine and my son was perfectly healthy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Why are you bummed? A lot of women have it. Once you're in labor it will be the absolute last thing on your mind. Trust me!

Cooper Edward

• Options

I was positive with DD and was a little concerned when I found out since I wanted as few interventions as possible, but it was really no big deal and I wouldn't be bothered if I found out I was GBS+ again.  My OB gave me a portable IV so I was still able to walk around, labor in the tub, change postions and all that jazz I wanted, so it was a tiny little blip on my radar while in labor.  Don't stress about it. ;)  It's easy peasy and good to know so they can administer the antibiotics (or if you decline those they know to keep an eye on LO for 24 hours I think it is).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was found positive around my 12 week appointment b/c of a urine sample. I'm kind of glad they found out so early as I am allergic to penicillin and all derivatives so they gave me some antibiotics to make sure I'm not also reactive to them. Also, I get a day in the hospital for monitoring so I can take the time to rest and ask a bunch of questions! At least those are the silver linings I'm focusing on :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"