March 2013 Moms

Cysts at A/S?

We found out yesteday that it's a little boy! There was no mistaking it! :) 

Everything else looked perfect except he has two cysts in his head.  They said it would likely go away by the 3rd tri, but that it is sometimes a marker for Trisomy 18.  She didn't think he had it though given my age (27) and the fact that everything else looked normal.  Has anyone else had these come up at the A/S and had them go away?  I'm trying not to stress about it, but am a little nervous.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cysts at A/S?

• Try not to stress.  This issue comes up on The Bump a lot, and usually turns out to be nothing to worry about.  IRL, I have a friend who had the same results at her a/s.  her baby was born in July 2011 and is perfectly healthy.  But, if you have concerns about a Trisomy and haven't had either the Harmony test or the MatrniT21 test, I would suggest asking your doctor about these, just to rule out that possibility.  Both are non-invasive blood tests that can very accurately predict the presence of certain Trisomys (including Trisomy 18).  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• We had one at our A/S that was gone by our follow-up the next week!  
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! My doctor did offer the materniT21 test, which I may do. I'm a little undecided since we opted out of all testing before. We do have a fetal echo appt scheduled for a week from today anyway my dad recently had a valve replacement for a defect he had since birth, so they will check it then. That is crazy that yours was gone the next week! Here's to hoping! Thanks so much for your reassurance!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • They foud a chorid plexus cyst on my babys brain 2 weeks ago. My DR did a quad screen, it came back neg and normal. I go back in November 20th to see if its dissapeared like my DR thinks it will. Good luck and keep us posted. Also, congrats on finding out the gender, my baby refused to cooperate so we still don't know. :(
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• They found cysts in our wee one at our ultrasound. I am trying my best not to worry as we wont be going back for a follow up ultrasound in for another 7 or so weeks. My doctor said not to worry and that they would likely disappear. I have been doing my best to not dwell on it, I haven't googled anything as I know that I would likely get hung up on something. I am sure everything is going to be fine for your little one. Just try not to stress, I know it is easier said then done. To be honest I didn't know that it was a marker for Trisomy 18 and now I am worrying more. Just breath, at this point there is nothing you can do about it and stressing isn't going to make it go away so might as well let it be and relax. Best of luck on your follow up ultrasound.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had the same result at our A/S and our Dr. told us the same thing. All of our first trimester screening was negative, our risk factors are super low and there were no other abnormalities during the scan, so there should be little to worry about. Hope all turns out well for you and the other ladies dealing with the same finding! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had one at 18w5d and it was gone by 20w5d (I have to get ultrasounds every week for an unrelated issue). Now there's just some random cyst in baby's abdomen that we have to watch. MFM is thinking it might be an ovarian cyst for baby, which she says is normal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemammamia24:
    They foud a chorid plexus cyst on my babys brain 2 weeks ago. My DR did a quad screen, it came back neg and normal. I go back in November 20th to see if its dissapeared like my DR thinks it will. Good luck and keep us posted. Also, congrats on finding out the gender, my baby refused to cooperate so we still don't know. :

Ours is the same kind! I couldn't remember the name. Yes, Grayson cooperated nicely after his pep talk from mama that morning haha! Hope you get to find out soon and that your cysts go away!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had it happen this time with baby B.  We had an ultrasound about 4 weeks ago and they said he had a CP cyst.  Our MFM said the same things about it going away or that it could be a marker.  It was gone when I had another ultrasound on Tuesday and everything looked normal.  It was a little scary to hear that at first but after doing research and knowing everything else looked normal I started to feel better.  

It seems like chances are really good that they will go away.  I would try not to worry about it.  Most of the time they are seen on earlier ultrasounds and then just go away on their own.  Even if they don't, that doesn't have to mean something is wrong (according to my dr.)  Good luck to you!  I hope they go away for your peace of mind! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"